PDA

View Full Version : Music

Horse
31-05-08, 15:03
Maybe all of us on this site find that music can be very good for giving us the occasional inspiration and also some sadness.
I would like to suggest that some of you do a search on UTube for the three that i have listed below.

1. Breakaway by the Beach Boys.
2. Run Like the Wind by Roger Chapman.
These two songs probably do a good job of 'what we would like to do' if we could.

3. Sometimes When I'm Dreaming by Art Garfunkel.
Some of us can maybe relate to these lyrics. Both 1 and 2 were written by songwriter Mike Batt who I once had the great pleasure of being aquainted with many years ago during happier times.

I hope some of you find some comfort in these words.

Kevin.

Zingara
02-06-08, 21:36
I'd like to put forward 'When I'm back on my feet again' by Michael Bolton. And anything by Johnny Cash makes me feel better!

marie1974
02-06-08, 22:07
i just love queen and "dont stop me now", to get me going and keep me in a positive mood. i often listen to this when i am off on my brisk walk, walking away all my bad energys and releasing my anger. i just love that song :yesyes:

hugs to everyone :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxx

noonoo
02-06-08, 23:06
I listened to a song called 'The Road To Home' by Amy Macdonald after my first attack, it's very meaningful, like i'm on the road to recovery.

xxx

thevoicewithinme
03-06-08, 12:41
The song that sums me up is Nobody Knows by Pink.

Take a listen, very powerful words in my opinion.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uanVGjHCAHA

Horse
03-06-08, 12:56
Isn't it strange how we all seem to have a certain song or piece of music that will affect us......even if it's so sad for us to listen to, we have to play it.

Another point to remember is that quite a few of the greatest actors/actresses/entertainers and such have and do experience great anxiety and depression. By suffering great pain they seem to transfer this into a very perfect performance. I also understand that a lot of famous songwriters also pen their words from personal experiences to which I'm sure we are all eternally grateful!

Kevin.