PDA

View Full Version : vertigo etc

jjamie
31-05-08, 17:02
I can panic in certain situations ....dizziness weakness etc....Ive read about real physical problems like vertigo but Im wondering it must be panic as Im ok in certain places and not in others...if there was something underlying wrong then I would have these problems like dizziness in all situations ..correct ?

jill
01-06-08, 00:38
Hi Jamie,

Your mind in trying to understand and analise the situtation, ohhh boy, thats good, this is a must to understand panic, anxiety and to understand yourself too.

The best way to unerstand is to write down, when, where, thought pattens, where it defo does not happen, where dofo you THINK it happens, THEN, you may see a patten forming, THIS TELLS you its, panic, anxiety related, you seem to have done this and thats great, a little step forward to understanding things more and a little more closer to getting better, ohhh well done you.

I am panic, high anxiety free, cos of this great site, yet, I still MIGHT, have an anxiety symptom in certain situation, ohhh boy, I always know why eg, I have a rational fear of animals,(will not go into explaing why, hehe, don't want to bore you LOL) been working on this, but it bl**dy hard, I took my daughter to Monkey forest, mmmmm, yes, Monkeys, all around me, they could have came up to me at any time, noooo they where NOT in a cage, we went into THERE cage, hehe, I worked dame hard on my thought pattens before I went, but Mrs anxiety just thought she would come with me, LOL

I did have a great time, but walking round was not that easy, the anxiety symptom I got WAS, I could not walk in a straight line, noo not dizzy, I have had that one, but when you want to go one way and your legs take you the other, you seem to have nooo control over walking in a striaght line, mmmm, I could do nothing but laugh at this symptom and eccept it being there, I have had it before, so just let in be there and linked hubby laughing my socks off LOL. Worked on my thought pattens, lots of prase for myself, lots of laughs, oh and seeing other people run a mile when the monkeys came tooo close LOL

I know there's lots of laughts in the reply ( panic, anxiiety, is NOT funny) but this is how have have to see anxiety symptoms these days IF they happen.

I don't know much about virtigo, not had to read up on that, but real physical problems would happen anytime, anyplace, anywhere, NOT just at a set time or place, so YES hun, you are correct.

Hope this has put your mind at ease, this needs to be nipped in the but, NOW, if you feel you need more reasurance, DON'T be to hard on yourself, talk to gp, NHS direct, NOT cos I feel you have a physical problems, but cos, pease of mind goes along way. It is DAME hard to reasure ourselves when Mr anxiety is about, we HAVE TO work DAME hard on our negative thought pattens and this is not easy to learn and do, when you are acute.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

CHANNEL
01-06-08, 04:33
Hey Jamie -

Mine started with Vertigo over 2 and a half years ago. They told me I had an ear infection, funny that is hasn't gone away yet! Mine is constant - I hate it. I have had MRI, CT Scan, vestibular testing - all negative. Mine has been really bad the last few week. I am going to see a Neuro in two weeks. I have pretty much decided it there was something seriously wrong with me, it would have reared it's ugly head by now. . . at least I am trying to believe this.

It never hurts to have it checked out though. . . :winks: