PDA

View Full Version : tongue

crunchie01
31-05-08, 19:18
hi everyone,
ive been googling!!ive scared myself to death.
in a morning i have a white coating on my tongue i use a tongue scraper and it all scrapes off,i cant get to the back of my tongue becaue it makes me gag. am i right in thinking thrush doesnt scrpae off?? my daughter had thrush when she was a baby and it was different to what i have,she had it on inside of cheeks,tongue and gums,my coating is only on tongue it is not sore at all and it scrapes off.im really terrified now its thrush because that can mean hiv and im terrified ive got hiv as it is
please help
jenniexx

milly jones
31-05-08, 19:25
hun please tyr not to worry

i get bad oral thrush which is a white coating on my tongue

it appears to be due to a lack of saliva in my mouth, or cos ive been sucking sweets to try and increase saliva flow. all due to anxiety

i get repeat prescritions of daktarin oral gel from gp

u can buy it but its a tiny tube and only enough for a day or so.

gp suggests using for a week to clear the thrush.

its ok to taste, tastes of orange

i would visit gp and check, but as its weekend go to boots and see pharmacist and get little tube, cant harm u till u see gp.

hope it helped put ur mind at rest

millxx

smudgie
31-05-08, 19:28
Hi there

Im sorry you've got into this state and worring yourself. Googling will cause you to panic and make you feel alot worse.

I had a white film on my tongue and went to the doctors, she said it could be anything. poor diet , lacking in certain vits and minerals or possibly due to hormones as we go through cycles. the other thing she said was lack of hygeine when brushing our teeth.
Also if your taking anti depressants it could be a side effect,

I hope i have given you some answers please try not to google, we all do it but it comes with a price.

take care and let us know how you get on
love
smudgie:hugs:

marie1974
31-05-08, 19:49
hi jen. i get that sometimes its perfectly normal it is not HIV alot of people get it and please dont google ever hugs xxxxxxx

mandie
31-05-08, 19:59
Hi

I have this at the moment. Please dont be worried, its not anything serious

love mandie x

Emira7
01-06-08, 20:43
OOh, I know how you feel Jennie, I had a bad bout of Oral Thrush a few years ago, and I googled, and went to Book shops, and found sites that told me you got if you were HIV, these damn sites. Well that was the start of my HIV paranoia. I had numerous tests, all negative.

As the others have said, its nothing to worry about, and its easy to treat. I had nystatin sweets to suck. It cleared up in absolutely no time at all.

Please please don't worry.

Much Love
Emira
xxxx

marie1974
01-06-08, 20:45
hope u feeling better now jen just remember u are fine its just your anxietys hugs xxx

jasmin45
01-06-08, 21:58
done worry Hun! Everyone gets that its nothing to worry about :]
and google is a fiend! You look up headache and you get bombarded with so many horrible illnesses when really you've been in the sun too long!
i do it all the time and scare myself half to death!
Hope your feeling a lot better!

Acable12
02-06-08, 16:28
Hi,

This first came up on me about 18 months ago. I use a tongue scraper morning and night and seems to do the trick pretty much. This prob isn't thrush, just a coating on the tongue. I get thrush from time to time in my mouth which is caused by using inhalers. It is nothing to worry about. It will make the inside of your mouth feel rough and you will be able to scrape the skin away. When i started getting this coating I went on the internet and convinced myself I was HIV positive, I also developed teeth marks/indentations along the sides of my tongue which looked really werid again the interent said this is def signs of advanced HIV. Anyway I now have a facination of trying to see peoples tongues when they talk and guess what. Loads of people have these marks, it's where the tongue sits in the mouth and presses against the sides of the teeth, I even noticed it on my gf's Mum, so unless she is HIV posisitve I'm going to try and not think about it. Pretty much every thing out there on the internet will relate to HIV. The reaon being that HIV is a weakened immune system therefore any illness etc can affect someone with that. Try not to worry, Afterall I'm still here.

crunchie01
02-06-08, 18:48
hi everyone
thanks for your posts.ive got a tongue scaper and been using it and it does get it off so im feeling a bit better about it.i rung my mum and aked her to look at her tongue and she said she has it too and sometimes its worse than others especially in a morning,so i think ive settled myself for now with this tongue business.
my kids had thrush in their mouths when they were babies and it wasnt just on their tongue it was on the cheeks roof of mouth etc and it didnt come off so i just keep trying to remember when they had it and what it looked like.
if a white tongue wasnt common they wouldnt sell tongue cleaners in boots!!lol
jennie xx

marie1974
02-06-08, 18:50
hi jen glad u sound better, keep smiling and no googling hugs to u xxxxx

scooby28
03-06-08, 10:03
I had a white coating on my tongue when i first got told i had low vitamin b12 this didn't really scrape off when i tried to do that though cos it was almost furry on the tongue.

precious78
03-06-08, 12:08
Oh my gosh. I have got this too.

Mine went really white and it happened after I'd had a course of antibiotics. Since then I have been aparanoid that my immune system is compromised and I have oral thrush too - and I have indentations on the front of my tongue! But I heard oral thrush was white spots in the mouth and your mouth would be sore?

I have been paranoid and brushing my tongue like mad, which gets rid of it for a bit only for it to come back again.