PDA

View Full Version : help with grief

kairen
12-04-05, 11:54
Hi guys,

Can you help me, my uncle died at christmas, with liver cancer it was very quick, My cousin is really not coping well at the loss of her dad (understandably) but i was telling her about this site and all the help support and understanding ive had in just a short time, and i was wondering if you knew of somewhere she could get some help,
i was not sure if this site was the right place for her any ideas please, im a bit worried about her as she was a very out going person and is now very anxious all the time,

I'd be grateful for any advice thanks

kairen x

Tracy68
12-04-05, 13:38
Hi Kairen
So sorry to hear about your uncle. Death is always very sad whether it's expected or not.
I think your cousin would get some benefit from using this site and as you already are a member you would be able to guide her along.
Any help for her would be better than nothing.
Take care
Tracy
xx

Meg
12-04-05, 14:11
Hi kairen,

Shes impressionable and vulnerable and unless shes having real anxiety/panics as oppossed to grief related anxiety she'd be better off speaking to Cruse the bereavement charity than being here and taking on more issues by absorption

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
12-04-05, 15:56
thanks i thought there would be an organisation that would help wasnt sure of any names, many thanks xxx

kairen x

Jan
12-04-05, 17:36
Hi Kairen

Grief is a terrible thing and can be all consuming. Especially when it is someone close.As Meg said this is probably not the right place unless she gets pa's or similar. Sometimes if you are prone to these things then grief can be a trigger. Just keep an eye on her and see how things go. It is such early days too. I found that talking to someone who has been through a similar thing helps. They understand what you are going through. There is compassionate friends as well as cruse and I know they are very good. I lost my daughter 9 yrs ago so have a general idea how she feels. If she needs to talk to someone then I would be more than welcome to speak to her. Tell her to take care and in time she will lift. The pain will always be there but she will begin to heal. It takes time and you have to go at her pace. We all greive at different rates and there is no set time unfortunately. my condolences to you all. I hope that this helps a little.

take care

Janine

sal
12-04-05, 23:16
Hi Kairen

Like Meg i would suggest Cruse, they are trained to deal with this and can be of great comfort.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
16-04-05, 16:58
Hi Kairen

I am going to move this post - hope you don't mind. I am just trying to get things under the right topics and I thought Misc was better for this.

Sorry to hear about your uncle - have you suggested Cruse to your cousin atall?

Nicola

kairen
16-04-05, 17:04
Thanks Nic,

I did give her the name she was going to have a look on the internet for some info on it, Think it will do her good to talk to someone other than family, sometimes you can open up more,

thanks again xxx

kairen x

nomorepanic
16-04-05, 17:18
Yes that is very true. It does help to talk to complete strangers sometimes as you can open up more.

Hope it all goes ok for her.

Nicola