PDA

View Full Version : Question.....

tHamera
01-06-08, 01:52
Hi,

I was wondering.....

those of you who have Health Anxiety, do your symptoms (palpitations, chest pains, etc...) proceed your panic/anxiety, or does your conscious anxiety make your symptoms appear? For me, sometimes i'll be in a good mood not thinking about any health concerns and i'll feel a little chest pain or pals and that will trigger serious anx or panic. Sometimes i can fight it off though.....

thoughts?

thanks a lot!

Phill2
01-06-08, 03:06
I'm the same - palps first then anxiety/panic.
Phill :shades:

Butterflygirl
01-06-08, 03:32
Same here with me too. My huge panic attack last Friday happened because all of a sudden I felt a bit light headed at a amusement park. Before that I was feeling absolutely fine and having a wonderful time. Then I started feeling like I was 10 feet taller than anyone else. A couple hours after this my heart palpitations started getting stronger as I was driving home with my family (hubby was driving the car) and I felt like I was about to vomit. The difference with this PA that I never had before was not being able to breath. I actually could not breath and thought I was really having a full blown heart attack. I told my husband to drive straight to the hospital and I even gave my last goodbye's to my family just in case I did not make it. It was the most scary experience of my life and for my family. When I got to the ER they took me right in and had me breath into a paper bag. My whole body was shaking so bad I could not calm down. They gave me the whole EKG, blood test, when deep down inside I knew it was just my panic attack showing it's evil face again. They gave me something to relax me and within the hour I was much better.

It feels so good to find a site such as this because we all understand each other.

leahbeanstreet
01-06-08, 03:56
There can be times where I feel great and I'm just going about my day, and then for me it's usually a heart flutter feeling or a full blown big heart palpitation. Most of the time I can calm myslef as well, depending on where I am and who I am with etc... 98% of the time though, I take a Klonopin (benzo). I am taking 1-2 per day now for months. I have had this stuff for ever, but just a few months ago decided to take it more often. Life. Stress.
BUT, for me, eventhough it may seem as though everything is fine, I can usually look back after an alarm, and notice I was thinking something stressful or I can relate it to something that could have apiked my stress hormones or adrenaline. I was told to do this a long time ago, to take inventory of my thoughts after an episode. Do you ever do this? Try it. I think you 'll be amazed at what you really find yourself doing to yourself.

CHANNEL
01-06-08, 04:09
Hi -

I have had panic attacks since I was 14. The chest pains etc start first then the rest comes on. I think it's because we are focuing on the chest pains or palps then the fear sets in. I learned to talk myself through that part. Now apparently I have moved onto other forms of panic/anxiety brain shaking, dizziness and pretty much no memory!

Hang in there!

Channel

tHamera
02-06-08, 02:19
Hey gang,

thanks soooo much for sharing your stories. Ya know, i just discovered this site a week or 2 ago and just by reading other peoples experiences, fears, symptoms, etc.., its help me cope and put myself in a better place mentally. i am not the only one with these same feelings and thoughts. :yesyes:

-Tony

tHamera
02-06-08, 02:21
Hi -

I have had panic attacks since I was 14. The chest pains etc start first then the rest comes on. I think it's because we are focuing on the chest pains or palps then the fear sets in. I learned to talk myself through that part. Now apparently I have moved onto other forms of panic/anxiety brain shaking, dizziness and pretty much no memory!

Hang in there!

Channel

Hey, can you try and explain what you mean by brain shaking? it sounds like something i may be experiencing, but i'm not sure...

thanks!

CHANNEL
02-06-08, 04:20
Hi Thamera -

Best way to explain this. . . it feels like an earthquake in my brain, like my whole brain is trembling. When I called to make an apt with a Neuro the person I talked to said "do you mean "fluttering"? He seemed like he had heard of this before. I guess fluttering would be a good way to describe it too. The doctors thought at first the my eyes were shaking (Nystagmas) (might have spelled that wrong) but they did all kinds of test and said that is not the case.

The sensation is at it's worst when I am driving. When it first started I would literally have to learn into the middle of my car to convince myself that the car was not about to tip over. That must have been interesting to watch from the outside! :)

I just really want it to stop. I am starting to get depressed because of it.

I go the Neuro in a couple of weeks. I will let you know what they say.

Cross your finger for me! :)

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger! :hugs:

tHamera
02-06-08, 05:09
Thanks Channel,

yeah, thats not what i am experiencing. sometimes when i am right about to fall asleep, i get the feeling or sensation that my body wants to tremble or shiver. its weird and kinda hard to explain.

well i truly hope you feel better and get good results from your neurologist.

all the best,

-Tony

Emaa
02-06-08, 17:01
It's the circle of anxiety, no matter which you get first .. Your anxiety or your symptoms, the other will be straight after.

It's good that you can fight it off. :)

Keep it up.
Emz xx

Sheba
03-06-08, 00:09
Thanks Channel,

yeah, thats not what i am experiencing. sometimes when i am right about to fall asleep, i get the feeling or sensation that my body wants to tremble or shiver. its weird and kinda hard to explain.

well i truly hope you feel better and get good results from your neurologist.

all the best,

-Tony

Hi,
I do get that too, quite a lot lately. It's not coming before or after a panic attack, it just happens when I am a bit more anxious. I also get this feeling like something is crawling under my head skin... I don't know how to explain but that's really weird... Grrr
I've never been tested by a neurologist tho, but I have quite a history with cardiologists :blush:

Channel I hope everything works out great for you and you will get a good result with your test.

All the best,
:bighug1:

TheSnowPig
20-10-08, 04:15
sometimes when i am right about to fall asleep, i get the feeling or sensation that my body wants to tremble or shiver. its weird and kinda hard to explain.

Hi tHamera,

I just joined the forum, this is actually my first post. I'm glad to have stumbled across this site. after just a couple of hours of reading I finally feel like anxiety is what is causing my symptoms. I also feel the heart palpatations, tingling sensations and chest pains. I've been into the emergency room four or five time over the past few years convince I was having a heart attack, only to be told I have chest wall pain or some similar catch all diagnosis when there is no clear evidence of anything wrong.

I too occasionally feel a sensation of shaking, or shivering just before I go to sleep. I've never really mentioned this to anyone, but it sounds like just what you are describing.