PDA

View Full Version : panic stations!

helenclaire
01-06-08, 06:50
I am in a bit of state and not sure what to do.

My 17 year old son has just woken me up, he was calling from the bathroom to say he had a bad nose bleed, next thing he said he felt sick and i heard a crash, needless to say i found him on the floor, he was still concious but didnt know how he got there, the thing is he hit his head and now has a cut on the back of his head.
The nose bleed has stopped and although the cut on his head is quite long i dont think it is that deep as it has not bled much.
He has gone back to bed, not sure if this is the right thing, typically it is sunday so the doctors are closed and i really do not want to sit for hours in the hospital ( sounds selfish but its one of my big fears).
My hubby as usual is still in bed sleeping and i am sat here shaking and feeling like i will faint as fainting is my biggest fear and when i am panicing i feel like i will pass out.

Really dont know what to do my legs are like jelly. I am so scared he will have to go to hospital i do not think i could face going when i am feeling so bad myself.
Helen:huh:

helenclaire
01-06-08, 07:38
Me again,

I keep checking on son, his head is still bleeding a bit.

Getting in such a state as i do not know what to do, i am nearly in tears now.
I know i am over reacting and i am feeling guilty because i am worrying about myself and how i am feeling, which is pretty bad at the moment.

I cannot handle situations like this, if i was not agorophobic i think i would just run away.

Helen

Trixie
01-06-08, 08:38
If he has hit his head I think you should take him to casualty better to be safe than sorry. Apart from the fact he couldn't remember falling. If it was mine son I would take him. Can you put him in a taxi he is old enough to go on his own?

If not try and be brave and take him.:unsure:

Trixie
01-06-08, 08:40
I have just noticed that you have mentioned a husband get him out of bed and make him take his son to casualty!:)

kate
01-06-08, 08:41
Yes, I agree, should be checked over at casualty.

Kate

helenclaire
01-06-08, 09:43
Thanks for your replies, i rang NHS direct and they said take him to A&E so hubby has taken him, think he will be ok, just feeling bad now that i could not go myself.
I tried to but still feeling really nauseas and shaky, hope he understands its not that i dont care, i love him dearly and it breaks my heart not being there for him but these dreaded feelings overwhelm me, i am sat on the sofa scared to move.

Its times like this that these panic and agorophobia symptoms really bring home to me how much this is affecting my life.

Helen:weep:

Trixie
01-06-08, 09:55
Yes that is true, your hubby may have not been there and your son could have been unconscious BUT I know what you are going through because my daughter suffers from OCD, social paranoia, agoraphobia, depression, anxiety etc etc. She hasn't left the house in 5 years only to have treatment.

Because of this I have to be 100% for her I am not well myself but I cannot let that take over my life as I have to be strong for her. My anxiety is caused by my cats welfare (yes, I know :huh:) but I am now on anti-depressent so :yesyes:

I just think that my cat being poorly was the final straw and it tipped me a bit.:ohmy: hopefully I will be 100% soon (I have a MRI tomorrow to check to see if my brain tumour has grown fingers crossed it hasn't)

At least your son is getting treatment.:yesyes:

helenclaire
01-06-08, 10:09
I know things could of been alot worse, and its so frustrating that this has caused me to feel so bad.

The trouble is no matter how hard i try and relax all i can do is is worry about the symptoms i am getting and of course the more i worry the longer the symptoms go on for.

Helen

helenclaire
01-06-08, 13:31
Well son is back from hospital with staples in his head, he says he is ok, but i am still feeling wobbly, i should be relieved he is alright so why am i still feeling bad.
I am feeling really tired now and of course i am worrying about having to take him to docs in a weeks time to have staples out.

This fear never seems to leave me, it is torture its there all the time day and night, i am so fed up with it.

Helen

Trixie
01-06-08, 14:02
Well son is back from hospital with staples in his head, he says he is ok, but i am still feeling wobbly, i should be relieved he is alright so why am i still feeling bad.
I am feeling really tired now and of course i am worrying about having to take him to docs in a weeks time to have staples out.

This fear never seems to leave me, it is torture its there all the time day and night, i am so fed up with it.

Helen

I am glad he was able to get to the hospital for treatment you never know with head trauma.

I hope you can get to take him to the doctors you would feel that you have participated in his treatment even if it is only accompanying him to the doctors.:yesyes: