PDA

View Full Version : Med or not to Med.... that is the question!

steve2007
01-06-08, 12:06
Hi All,
Just a quick question really.. i have suffered for the last cpl of yrs with all sorts of symptoms.... right now my throat feels like a lump in it, weird like buzzing/vibration in right knee every now and again, memory feels impared and feel spacey/dizzy all the time, and seem to have ache in stomach most of time and feel slightly shaky when eating, picking up things etc.. not that ppl can notice but i know it just dont 'feel' right. And also the last few days had on/off ache in my right arm.. :unsure:

I have had blood work, ct scans and ultrasounds etc which all came back ok tho this was a yr ago now and my doc said to just see how it goes.. well its not getting any better tho its not at a stage where i cant work etc... but it does make it more harder somedays.

I'm not depressed if anything i've just got this anxiety over my health. Would beta-blockers help and should I ask my doc about them? Do they work with these kinda symptoms? Are they addictive?

cheers
steve :)

jodie
01-06-08, 14:42
hiya

i think all of the above symptoms you have a lot of ppl with anx has them to .
i think it would help you to go have a chat with your doc mabe he can get you to have some cbt ect .
i have never tryed meds so can not realy say if they help or not i am sure others will be able to help

jodie xxx

NatashaW31
01-06-08, 15:24
Hi, I found it so hard to get anywere had loads of test and all come back ok and just get told it's part of your illness you do have to talk to your doc and don't take no for an answer if you feel you are not getting any help you should change doctor or ask for a second opinion untill someone helps you Keep your chin up and don't give up hope hun your not alone.:hugs: Nat x

Emaa
02-06-08, 17:05
I don't think you should take medication, All you're experiencing is anxiety.

While medication can help yes, when you come off meds you're reminded of your anxiety and it comes back. Either way, at the end.. You've just gotta fight it head on.

Might as well do it sooner :)

I think your best option would maybe asking your doc about some sort of counselling? I'm not sure about cbt. Couselling doesn't sound like much, but it really does help alot with anxiety.

Good luck.
Emz xx

amandaj
02-06-08, 18:13
hi i had to take meds ,and i can honestly say even though all im experiencing is anxiety apparantly ,they are now helping a little see your dr and see what he says you may need them only short term good luck
amanda

breeze25
02-06-08, 19:56
I tried meds after 6 months of trying to manage it, it gave me the breathing space to be 'normal' again for a while. Now I manage without for the majority of the time, but when things get too much they are there if I need it. Agree you should talk it over with your doctor.

steve2007
04-06-08, 11:22
thanks ppl! :D

Allye
04-06-08, 11:25
I agree with Mev I went on Citalopram for a few months - it gave my body a break from the vicious circle and time to heal - I am now off and much much better able to cope when I do get anxious and touch wood I have not had a full blown PA for a few months. Whilt on Citalopram I was also able to visit a lot of places I had avoided in the past - my body seems to have learnt that nothing bad will happen there and I am getting out and about again.