PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

jono stress head
01-06-08, 16:28
Hi everyone, surfing for answers and came across this forum, For the past 3 or 4 weeks I have been feeling lousy. Started with my chest tightening and developed into chest pain with real bad fatigue. Went to the doctor and had a check up where I was told that I was ok and probably needed a rest.
symtoms went from bad to worse, nausea, apetite loss, horrible lump in my throat with a sore throat then had metallic taste in my mouth all the time. My sister died recently with cervical cancer which spread, now I am convinced that I have throat cancer as well! I know it sounds stupid but I just can't get it out of my head. I have to go for a chest x ray and blood tests tomorrow and am petrified about the results!:wacko:

marie1974
01-06-08, 16:38
hiya hun sounds to me like anxiety, its very common what u have described. im sorry about your sister, my nan died 3 yrs back stomach and bone cancer and after that i was convinced i too had cancer and everything else but i was fine. do wot i did get checked out wait for results and once u know u are fine, which u will do hun, then u can concentrate on u. keeping busy is best way and not thinking to much, also cbt is great i have it and please please please dont google its the worse thing ever and will always make u feel even worse, hugs to u xxxxxxxxx

bottleblond
01-06-08, 16:47
Hi there

You have just described Anxiety down to a tee. I'm sure with all the stress you have been under with your poor sister ect your anxiety levels will be very high.

Please do as the doctor says and try to get some rest, i'm quite sure your symptoms are down to anxiety and nothing more sinister.

So sorry about your sister hun, you have my deepest sympathies

Love Lisa
xxx

jono stress head
01-06-08, 16:50
Thanks to you both, the mind is a very powerful thing it seems from reading some of these posts, it is quite frightening to read what some poor people are experiencing, but I just can't shut the gremlins in my head up! will let you know results. Thanks again. Jono.

marie1974
01-06-08, 16:54
yes keep on posting and let us know, u will be fine though and it will pass just stay strong and keep busy and have goals and things to look forward too hugs xxxxxxxxx

turnthelighton
01-06-08, 17:17
Hi, I am very sorry to hear about your sister. Good luck with your tests tomorrow I am sure everything will be fine, you must have been really stressed and your symptoms are common of stress and anxiety. Keep posting here as it is a great place. Take care.

NatashaW31
01-06-08, 18:00
Hi Sweetie only just joined myself, sorry to hear about your sister, it is best getting it off your chest the weight is made lighter when you are not just keeping it to yourself, good luck for tommorow hun Nat x

jono stress head
01-06-08, 18:02
Thanks for your kind words, Jono.