PDA

View Full Version : head swimming

milly jones
01-06-08, 18:32
hi, woke in night twice with funny pas. sweating etc but there were flashing fluorescent colours and my head was swirling even tho i was lying down. i imagine it was what a bad trip would feel like, but i dont do drugs cept meds.

i just put it down to anx, but when i got up the same feeling happened and each time i move my head.

a few years ago i had labrinthitus and was violently sick too for weeks.

it feels similar to that but i can walk today and ive not been sick, but only just got up and eaten something.

wonder if anyone else gets this, its not just dizzyness

milly x

NatashaW31
01-06-08, 18:38
Hello hunny, no it's not very pleasant do your eye's hurt to like your eyeballs feel bruised, when this happens to me i usually lie down with my i-pod on low with nice soft music and try to relax, i know this doesn't alway's help but it's worth a try Hope it passes soon hun Nat x

milly jones
01-06-08, 18:49
my eyes feel ok, just heads whooshing and ears humming.

thanks for such a quick answer nat

xxxxxxxxxxxx milly

shiv
01-06-08, 19:04
Hi there,

The night panics are the worst aren't they, The dark and the silence puts us much more in tune to our bodies. It's always hard too, because everyone's asleep and we have no comfort from anyone. I often leave the telly on low when i get a bout of night starts. You'd be surprised the difference when you take silence out of the equation.

Siobhan x

thevoicewithinme
01-06-08, 19:05
Milly, I have suffered with vertigo (not fear of heights) on and off for at least 20 years now.

When i have an attack I cannot move my head up or down, or left or right, without feeling extremely dizzy and sick. The only way that I can describe it, is as though I have been spinning around and around and then stop dead, but everything keeps swirling.

I do have medication for this condition, but doesnt actually do anything for dizziness just helps to settle down the sickness. I (touch wood) only usually get two or three attacks of this a year and they usually last up to 24 hours.

Kaz

thevoicewithinme
01-06-08, 19:06
Oh, I should add also, that vertigo is not a symptom of anxiety. It can and does run in families (my mum suffers with it), and although unpleasant is nothing nasty if that makes sense.

Kaz

milly jones
01-06-08, 19:23
thanks shiv and kaz

will i need to go gp or should i just wait til it goes? only asking as cant possibly drive so its a major operation to get there lol

thanks kaz for ur reasurance and glad its not another endless symptom of anx

milly xxxxxxxx

thevoicewithinme
01-06-08, 20:25
Milly, it might be worth a visit to your GP as they can then prescribe some anti sickness pills for you. Is there someone to take you?

Kaz

milly jones
02-06-08, 19:21
im going thurs kaz ta, and ill have to walk it cos hb at work, but il be ok.

still not shifting when i move my head, fine if i sit still, lol

thanks for caring xxxx

millxx