PDA

View Full Version : There is life after panic!!!!!

angieb
12-04-05, 13:23
Hi all

Have not been on much for a couple of weeks as have had a massive turnaround. Those that have followed and supported the last eight or so weeks (eternal thanks) will know that when my anxiety and panic arrived it floored me, rendering me most days unable to leave the house and even indoors a quivering wreck.

Well I am happy to report that today I went for a rigorous interview for a new job. I honestly did not think I could go through with it as it had everything that I hate like:

Parking miles away, a walk through an indoor shopping centre, two one hour computer exams, an hour long interview to follow. Four flights of stairs etc etc etc. There was NO escape route, no quick retreat to the car, no place to hide, if an attack hit everyone would have seen.

I am so pleased to report that I am home, in one piece and actually enjoyed it!!!!! A few scary moments like the computers for the tests were under bright artificial light (when I am anxious this makes me dizzy) and when I saw the stairs I just though SHOOT me now!!!!

The interview went well (second interview next week) and I even slowley ambled back to the car afterwards AND went into Asda ON MY OWN for the makings of tea!!!!

I just wanted to post to let people who are having a bad time know that six weeks ago I did not even like going to the loo on my own, so even when cripled by this there truly is hope and light.

Thank you all so very much for your support, best therapy ever!!!!!!

Take care for now...Angieb

maxine
12-04-05, 13:29
Hiya Angie,
Well done!:D:D

You should be very proud of yourself, what a huge step for you.

Congratulations!

Take care
Maxine

Tracy68
12-04-05, 13:43
Angie
Wow what an achievement that's fantastic news well done :D. You must be feeling well proud of yourself right now, i know i would be.
Don't forget to keep us posted on how the interview goes.
Good Luck
Take care
Tracy
xx

Meg
12-04-05, 14:42
Angie,

What a brilliant sucess story- very inspirational for those who are still a bit further back along the recovery journey.

Many congratulations

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jude
12-04-05, 14:48
Hiya Angie,

Thats brilliant news.
What a long way you have come.
Well done You!:D

Keep it up.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

tattybear
12-04-05, 14:52
Congratulations Angie.....

You should be really proud of yourself :D

I know where your coming from as I have also been like this, but this last week im slowly being abke to do a bit more.

Congratulations ... its an inspiration to hear how well people are doing and knowing that we CAN and WILL beat MR PANIC!!

Tatty B xx

kairen
12-04-05, 16:23
well done Angie,

It's always good to hear when someone is feeling better im so pleased for you well done, and good luck with the 2nd interview xxxx

kairen x

angieb
12-04-05, 17:38
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER[^]:D[8D][:P]:);)

Had real anxiety for half an hour before picking Millie up this afternoon (again those who know me will know of this battle) - whilst on a high I told it to Bu!xer off and do you know what....IT DID (First day back after Easter [:O])

Wandered through the church, had to wait as they were out late and wandered back to the car. Have agreed to take a mate out for lunch tomorrow and to go to a baby shower next week...tee hee hee, such simple pleasures[:P]

On such a high now this afternoon just booked our two week summer holiday (only to Doset but the girls love it). To think a month ago I wanted to cancel our week in France at the end of May...NO chance Mr A, we are going on hols wether you like it or not!!!!

Thank you all for your support, did not really want congrats, just wanted to lift people if they were down.

Take care all...Angieb

Meg
12-04-05, 17:43
Its so great to hear you so much happier Angie...

Enjoy your activities the next few days and the holidays !

Take care and if you get a bit overwhelmed remember today - write it all down so you can refer back to it if you need to.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

carlin
12-04-05, 18:12
Hi there Angie and a big well done, you should be so proud of yourself and i can tell you, you have definately cheered me up reading these posts, keep at it and most of all enjoy life!!!!!!!

seh1980
12-04-05, 18:44
Well done!! :D

pips
12-04-05, 19:57
WOW Well done Angie. Thats Ace. Yep there is definately life after panic! What an inspiration! Keep up the good work and enjoy!

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

Karen
12-04-05, 21:31
Well done Angie.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.