PDA

View Full Version : How i coped..

TheOriginal_BIRD
01-06-08, 19:47
im recovering now, i hate to say recovered..as it is almost as if im tempting fate!! and i dont think anyone is ever completely recovered..
my tips?

i gave my "panic attacks" a name, something stupid, so if i was out with my mum id just say the name if i knew it was coming, and she'd laugh and it would make me feel slightly better that i didnt have to say the word "panic", almost is like making light of the situation, however hard..its something to try!

i used rescue remedy..and im still taking fluoxetine tablets..[but coming off slowly] - these are VERY good!!

if the panic was too much to take, id pinch my leg, im not sure if this is good to advise, but it helped me concentrate on what was happening and the dull pain in my leg instead of the complete attack..
or id think of something calming..

breathing exercises can work wonders..even though they take what seeems like FLIPPIN ages to work!

and im an artistic person, so id paint in the evenings, nothing can get to me when im painting, its calming and relaxing, if your interested in this sort of thing, please try it, i find it so calming, and it makes me forget the nasty things that are happening! =]

set yourself step-by-step tasks. e.g a trip to town..walk to the bus stop..[if u want to return home at this point its fine, you have atleast achieved that!], each stop is like a step forward, if you can stay on all the way, then thats fantastic! but dont force yourself too much :)

xx