PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie !!

MissiD
01-06-08, 20:49
Hi, I'm Mel. I'm 34 and live in Oxford.
I've suffered with general anxiety on & off for several years but things got really bad over xmas when I started having panic attacks. Although these seem to have settled now I am left with a general feeling of anxiety whenever I try to go too far from home or go anywhere new etc... guess I'm still afraid of the panic??
I have been having some CBT which at times makes me feel quite positive but other times it just feels like such hard work!
This looks like a really great supportive group so I hope I can join you in your chats & perhaps make some new friends that understand what this is all about!
Look forward to talking with you soon:roflmao:

marie1974
01-06-08, 20:51
hiya and welcome you will get lots of advice and support here and meet new friends too, we are all lovely hear and all understand, i too are having cbt and its made me much more confident hugs xxx

kellie
01-06-08, 21:04
Hiya Mel :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and hope fully soon we can chat in the chat room.

take care.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

MissiD
01-06-08, 21:35
Thanks Donna & Kellie for the warm welcome :)
I hope to be able to chat to you both some more soon!!
Mel

decca
01-06-08, 21:46
Hi Mel,
Good to meet you and snap my Anxiety and panics got worse around Xmas and like you seem to be getting better exept for the anxiety.I've also had some CBT.

God bless.
Decca.

MissiD
01-06-08, 22:08
Thanks Decca
Good to meet you too.
It's so nice to be in good company!
Mel x

nomorepanic
01-06-08, 22:27
Hi Mel

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

belle
01-06-08, 22:43
Hi and welcome :)

x

LittlePrincess
02-06-08, 00:07
Hello and Welcome, I hope you fine everything you need :) xxx

Lindalou64
02-06-08, 01:10
Hello Mel And Welcome..............linda

chalky
02-06-08, 07:06
Hi Mel,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

gers
02-06-08, 07:35
Hey There,

Im new here too, and a bit like you ive had Cbt, but dont you sometimes find that the panic is happening before you have time to bring into practise what you learn at cbt?
Sometimes now Im even aware that an attack is coming, but I still seem to stupidly think that it wont amount to anything and rather than do anything like cbt, I wait and then wonder what on earth just happened when im in full swing with the panicking.lol
Perhaps its laziness I think on my part not to practise what ive been taught, and sometimes I get angry and think why cant I just be "normal" and not have to rely on techniques and pills to keep me sane, so I try to do it alone.
I hope I make sense here.

Fiona

Nibbles
02-06-08, 22:33
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Paul Grimley
05-06-08, 22:24
Hi, hope you've had a good day. I'm new to the site and hope to make contact fellow sufferers. How is life treating you? Life is a struggle at the moment but battling on. Got to go.

Paul:madness:

Southern_Belle
06-06-08, 17:57
Hi Mel,

Welcome to the site. You will find that many here understand how you feel and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

milly jones
06-06-08, 18:11
hi mel im milly 43 and live in wales

:welcome: to nmp

milly xx

shiv
06-06-08, 19:00
Hi and welcome.

You'll find a lot of support and friends here.

Siobhan x