PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

gers
02-06-08, 03:46
Hi Guys

Yet another new member on the site.
Im Fiona, nickname Gers, and I have anxiety, panic attacks, depression, IBS, infact I think I have almost everything. lol
I have suffered from anxiety probably for most of my life, but I have suffered from panic attacks for the last 4 years. I put it down to bereavment, domestic violence, financial worries, and I think all of this has led to depression and IBS.
Sometimes I think I have things under control, but if the other day was anything to go by then I really need some help, I cant keep fobbing myself and my partner off any longer and pretending it will go away if I ignore it long enough.
I have had CBT, anti depressants, beta blockers and other stuff in the past, but I suppose Ive either given up too soon and thought I was better, or I dont catch the symptoms quick enough and by then its too late to do anything.
Anyway, enough of me. Im looking forward to getting to know you guys and chatting and hopefully we all get something out of this.

Fiona.x

Lynnann
02-06-08, 06:12
Hi Gers

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of good advice and support here and make some great friends along the way.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

chalky
02-06-08, 06:56
Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
02-06-08, 22:28
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

marie1974
02-06-08, 22:37
hi fiona and welcome, sounds like you been through alot, i have cbt too and i have found it really helps but i think u need to stick with it for a fair while. financial worries and bereavement i can relate too both are hard to deal with but my way now is too stay positive and in control and the financial side will be ok. in the past ive had money worries that didnt help my depression and then my nan died 3yrs back and that trigggered anxiety quite bad but things do and will get better, sometimes change is a good thing as we all have choices and i have made changes quite a few times in my life and got rid of unwanted so called friends. i am sure with your strength you will get through this and u will see a way though, just stay positive and keep busy exercise is my thing brisk walking every day marching out my anger and hurt, but its made me much more positive, motivated and happy, got rid of my depression and most of my anxietys and gave me loads of energy. keep posting and we will do our best to help u hugs xxx

gers
02-06-08, 23:32
Hey,

Thanks everybody for your replies and a warm welcome. I have sat down with my partner before coming out to work tonight and showed him through this site briefly and I hope it helps him as much as me.

Thanks again, and look forward to being able to come in and chat soon.

Take care all.

Fiona.xx

marie1974
02-06-08, 23:35
sometimes partners benefit a great deal from being part of this too and helps them to understand hugs to u both xxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
02-06-08, 23:47
Hi Fiona

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

gers
03-06-08, 00:08
Thanks Donna.

I will pass his hug on when I get home in the morning.lol

Fi.x

kellie
03-06-08, 21:43
Hiya Gers :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes: .
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Im sorry you are not doing to good at the moment, keep posting and we will help as much as we can and i hope to talk to you in chat soon.

take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

milly jones
04-06-08, 13:05
well welcome gers to nmp

there are alot of people on the site who can relate to much of what ur talking about.

hope u find comfort here

milly xx :hugs:

Lindalou64
04-06-08, 13:42
Hello Fionna And Welcome..wish Ya Well.....linda