PDA

View Full Version : introduction

susie67353
02-06-08, 06:01
I'm 29 year old wife and mother of 2. About 8 years ago I diagnosed with bipolar and a anxiety disorder. I have had severe anxiety issues ever since I could remember. As a child I was physically and emotionally abused. I was brought to believe that I had no self worth. I want to point out that I am very fortunate because I do have a lot of love in my life. I do not feel sorry for myself because I do have alot to be thankful for. I am very compulsive and worry my self to the point of exhaustion. My anxiety has completely taken over my life. As briefly as I can put it I obsess from the time I wake up tell I go to bed . My compulsion consists of compulsively worrying about my children's safety, my job, cleaning my house. At this point I have soo many thoughts going through my head that I can't think straight.

Lynnann
02-06-08, 06:15
Hi Susie

Welcome to NMP, remember you are not alone, you will get some great advice and support here and make some good friends along your way to recovery.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

chalky
02-06-08, 06:54
Hi Susie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
02-06-08, 22:24
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

marie1974
02-06-08, 22:29
hi and welcome, welldone for posting cos its a brave thing to do and can be hard too. you sound like a very lovely strong person even though you been through so much and im sure your strengths will see you through this. have u tried cbt?, its very good and i see my counsellor every 2 weeks now and made me very confident, it will change your way of thinking. you will find lots of help and advice here and make friends too. hugs to u xxxx

Lindalou64
04-06-08, 14:02
Hello And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well........linda

popsy
04-06-08, 14:40
:welcome: Hi, i hope you find this site as friendly and useful as i do. You are never alone on here and will find people can give you advice and you can offer advice back too.
Keep posting and well done for being brave and telling your story :hugs: thats a great start!!!.
Love Charlie x x x

milly jones
04-06-08, 18:55
hi susie,

welcome to the nmp family hun.

there are plenty of ppl here who have similar difficulties, i hope that u find some peace of mind here

milly xxxxx

Lilith1980
05-06-08, 14:20
Hi Susie

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

lou123
10-08-08, 17:47
I'm 29 year old wife and mother of 2. About 8 years ago I diagnosed with bipolar and a anxiety disorder. I have had severe anxiety issues ever since I could remember. As a child I was physically and emotionally abused. I was brought to believe that I had no self worth. I want to point out that I am very fortunate because I do have a lot of love in my life. I do not feel sorry for myself because I do have alot to be thankful for. I am very compulsive and worry my self to the point of exhaustion. My anxiety has completely taken over my life. As briefly as I can put it I obsess from the time I wake up tell I go to bed . My compulsion consists of compulsively worrying about my children's safety, my job, cleaning my house. At this point I have soo many thoughts going through my head that I can't think straight.
susie i am also bi polar and went through alot of trauma my advise to you would be to discover how to have simple faith in a power much higher than youre own some people chose to refer to this power as god or the creater or omniposent but at the end of the day we are refferring to a higher spirituall being who guids the world according to this spirits will and if we do achieve a simple trust that everything in the past was for our ultimate good and everything that will happen also will be for our good then that already is called having faith. Now upon wakening usually within a few secounds you are overwhelmed about the children their future and your own future right? So lets say you want to change all that worry and anxiety which at the end of the day gets you no where because you see yourself most of the things you worry about never happen anyway. So in future as soon as these thoughts start to overwhelm you upon opening youre eyes in the morning lets say, instead of letting these thoughts control you, you can control them by simply saying Ibelieve in a higher power that watchs over all of his creations and what ever shall be today will be for the good and i place my faith in this higher power to guide myself and my family in ways of happiness and trust