PDA

View Full Version : Night panic

clearsky
02-06-08, 10:49
Hello all,

just needed to share my anxiety.

Had a terrrible panic attack last night, the ones where your not sure where or who you are & it takes a while for you to come around & then, you are drenched in fear. Of course, woke up this morning & my limbs were weak and shaky. The night panics that wake you up always knock me for six, so feel very anxious today.

I suppose my mind is on fast forward. My mind is constantly worried about my worries & jumbles all my thoughts that the old mind gets confused & cant cope with all the information that it has had to deal with & is just working on overdrive. Its like its in search mode all the time.

Anyway, on a posative note to anyone who would like to visit it, I have found a site that has given me some hope, its called - DOYOUPANIC.CO. Its worth a look. I have ordered the book & am quite looking forwards to reading it.

Take care

Clear x

:yahoo: P's dont be afraid to post your worries, there is always someone who will benefit from it. Keep sharing. :)

milly jones
02-06-08, 19:15
hi hun

i thought i had the answer to night pas until this last week

i have been on 30mg citalopram and it was amking me sleeplike a baby and then out of the blue theyve started again.

im still off work but have occ health appt tomorrow so i think its that thats in the back of my mind.

i struggle with an ocd mind too, lol

thanks for other site address, wil try it

milly xx

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 20:33
Hi,just read your thread, like you i suffer from panic attacks and have terrible night terrors, i dont know about you but i am afraid to go to sleep because of them, i know mine are to do with anxiety as i worry about everyone and every ything but i also suffer with angina and it's sometimes hard to know what is happening, i take medication for anxiety and to help me sleep but once i am woken by a night terror i find i'm to scared to go back to sleep.I find that in the morning i know that i have had a terror because i feel so drained but i can't remember what it was about and i still feel scared, i had a really bad one last night and all day i have felt really shaky inside and very weepy,do they affect you like this?,my family keep saying to me dont worry about anything but i know they dont understand as if i could stop worrying i would it's not as easy as that,i cannot give you any advice to help but just know that your not alone as i have found out from this site,i hope you can find some comfort in this, take care,mariadonna.

clearsky
02-06-08, 20:47
Thank you for your replies,

it probably appears more frightening in the evening because you wake up in the middle of one & yes, once I have had one I am scared to go back to sleep.

It's not nice not knowing where you are, or who you are & when you come out of one it's very upsetting & yes in the morning & for the rest of the day I can feel quite drained & anxious.

Emaa
04-06-08, 03:07
Hey, I have health anxiety.

And for some reason it's always like a million times worse on a night time. I think it's because I'm normally up alone and I know there's no-one around to help me during the night.

I used to get panic attacks thinking someone was breaking in, constantly checking all the doors, windows, cupboards ect. It was crazy. But again, this was only on a night.

I find having a regular sleeping pattern helps alot.
Emz Xx :)