PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 11:38
Hi, i'm maria, 55 years old and i need help,i am so pleased to have found this site where i may be able to talk to people like myself who are suffering as i do,
i can't hold my problems in any longer so i am praying someone out there can help.I have lots of medical problems but the psycolgical problems are far worse,recently i have been suffering terrible night terrors, so much so that i am even scared to go to sleep,i am constantly anxious,you know the feeling where you feel tense the whole time never being able to relax, i take medication for this but i'm not sure it helps,i worry constantly about every one and every thing,people keep saying to me "just don'tworry"but i wish it was as easy as that if icould stop i would,at the miniute i feel like a coiled spring as tight as it can get inside ireally dont how to explain these feelings and there is a hell of a lot more i want to say, but i need to know that there is someone who feels the same i need to share this nightmare, if anyone can help please do contact me, thanks so much, i dont want to waffle on any longer, i am scared of boring people,thankyou,Maria:wacko:

kellyw
02-06-08, 11:48
hi maria,
im new too, just plucked up the courage to post today. i know how you feel about holding things in. i have been doing that for such a long time. i imagine that if i truly let on how i feel i will either be carted off to the psych ward or i will seem like a very weak person. sometimes the sheer effort of acting normally leaves me utterly exhausted. i have found myself crying in my car after something as simple as nipping to the shop cause i get so tense and scared.
i just wanted you to know taht i know how you feel. and also even if you wrote pages and pages it would not bore anyone, just remember its those stories of other peoples experiences that have led us to post here.
take good care
kelly xx

EmilyJane
02-06-08, 11:57
Hi Maria,
I am new here and have suffered anxiety like you. From what I have learned, these feelings stem from something that has happened or is happening in your life. I speak from my own experience and also from the opposite end as I am a support worker with people who also suffer with health problems.
Usually we have something locked in our subconscious mind that we need to resolve.
GP's are all too quick to prescribe medication and not address the reason for needing it.
If it were me, I would find counselling, which can be free if you are on a low income. Also I would keep on at your GP to make them give you more support than medication that doesn't appear to be helping.
I'm sure you won't bore any one here. We are all here for help, everyone will understand. We are all in the same boat.
The few people I have spoken to here have been so supportive, I hope this site will help you to get better very soon.
Emi

NatashaW31
02-06-08, 12:19
hello peeps
i only registered yesterday too welcome, i think anything we think or feel we can now share with others who will actually get us and understand what we feel.
as much as we try to explain how it feels to (normal) people they just can't understand, but we have the support of people on here that live through what we do everyday,
Chins up u guy's were not alone luv Nat x

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
02-06-08, 12:36
Bore us?
What bores me is football and politics, and loads of other stuff!

What doesn't bore me is reading all you other guys posts and comforts me to know that I am not alone!

Take care,

Wayne

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 18:34
hi maria,
im new too, just plucked up the courage to post today. i know how you feel about holding things in. i have been doing that for such a long time. i imagine that if i truly let on how i feel i will either be carted off to the psych ward or i will seem like a very weak person. sometimes the sheer effort of acting normally leaves me utterly exhausted. i have found myself crying in my car after something as simple as nipping to the shop cause i get so tense and scared.
i just wanted you to know taht i know how you feel. and also even if you wrote pages and pages it would not bore anyone, just remember its those stories of other peoples experiences that have led us to post here.
take good care
kelly xx
Hi kelly thanks for your input, i am so pleased that i can eventually get to know people who suffer like me, i hope to chat to you again, thanks again,maria

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 18:37
Hi kelly, thanks or your input, i am so pleased that i can get to know people who suffer as i do, "its not all in my head", hope to chat with you soon, thnks maria.

milly jones
02-06-08, 18:58
hi maria,

nmp is great cos u can vent ur feelings in a safe supportive environment

everyone here understands cos everyone suffers or lives with someone who is trying to handle anx

welcome to nmp

milly xx

Lilith1980
02-06-08, 19:10
Hi Maria

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 20:39
Hi Maria

Jo xxxxx
Thanks so much it's great to have so much support, take care,maria.

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 20:41
Hi Maria

Jo xxxxx
Hi, thanks so much,Maria xx

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 21:24
Hi, Thanks So Much, Hope To Speak To You Again, Maria.

mariadonna24
02-06-08, 21:27
Thanks Bev, hope to chat soon, MariaDonna.

Nibbles
02-06-08, 22:43
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

kellyw
02-06-08, 23:58
hey maria, i hope you are feeling a little better.
the way you are feeling is definately not all in your head, thats for sure.
im thinking of giving relaxation tapes a try. hey we could both do it, get the same tapes/books whatever and see if it helps get rid of that coiled spring tension you mentioned. weve got nothing to lose.
take good care
kelly xx

samsara
03-06-08, 10:38
Hi Maria, dont worry you are not alone, but dont forget you are going thru menopause as well and the symptoms include panic and anxiety and it makes it worse, so maybe get help for that as well. As your doctor for antidepressants as they help with panic. I know its worse at night so just try to relax in bed if you can. There is always the Sams to ring.
Good luck Janet.

kellie
03-06-08, 21:42
Hiya Maria :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes: .
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Im sorry you are not doing to good at the moment, keep posting and we will help as much as we can and i hope to talk to you in chat soon.

take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lindalou64
04-06-08, 14:01
Hello Maria And Welcome.....i Wish Ya Well...........linda

chalky
10-06-08, 20:09
Hi Maria,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky