PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

crazykate
02-06-08, 19:39
I quit when I was pregnant with my twins 4 years ago but late last year the pressure got to me and I started having the odd ciggy:blush: . I smoke between 5 and 10 a day. I really want to quit again as Im sure its the nicotine that makes me more anxious I only started back with the HA since I started smoking again so Im hoping when I quit I will not feel so anxious.

Just wondered if any of you lot smoke and do you wish you could quit?

jesse08
02-06-08, 20:44
Hi, I smoke rollups as they are much cheaper and no I do NOT want to quit!!!!
:yesyes:

Emaa
03-06-08, 08:22
I smoke and I do want to quit, but I know I won't.

Nicotine is a stimulant so it can make anxiety worse, it makes mine worse.. My anxiety onlly really gets bad on a night, and my psycologist told me not to smoke on a night.. It does help. :)
Emz xx

dawny
03-06-08, 09:01
Hi,

Im A Smoker, Ive Never Associated It To My Anxiety.....(something Else To Worry About...lol).
In My Case I Dont Think It Makes A Difference

Loves Dawny Xxxxx

Franz
03-06-08, 10:02
My rule for smoking was only to do it when I felt really really fed up. Unfortunately that has been virtually every day for the past 2 years :\

I find a cigarette relaxes me for the first half dozen puffs, then the tension starts to increase again as the nausea sets in.

I often tear up my cigarette papers to stop myself from smoking any more. I rarely smoke more than one a day and currently I haven't had one for a week.

thevoicewithinme
03-06-08, 10:24
I smoke also, and to be honest the way I am right now, cannot see me quitting in the near future. I personally don't think it increases my anxiety, and actually found the other week that when I was out and having a major panic attack, my sister in law gave me a ciggie and by taking a few drags on it it actually slowed my breathing down...unless that was in my mind too :blush:

Kaz

KAREN L
03-06-08, 11:09
Yes i smoke and suffer from health anxiety.

I would love to give up as we all no that it really is not doing us any good at all.

One of my symptons of my anxiety is the feeling of not being able to breath, and get this having a smoke helps me!!! - explain that.

I have patches in the cupboard but have not tried tham yet , as anyone else tried to give up and had success?

Karen

Emaa
03-06-08, 19:13
Can't say I've quit succesfully so I can't say anything lol. =oP

And Dawny, I'm sorry. I was just saying what I was told. Incase anyone found that not having a smoke helped them too. :) Doesn't with everyone.
Emz xx

aliciajane
03-06-08, 21:10
I quit 5 months ago, and it really helped my anxiety!
And I feel a lot healthier :)