PDA

View Full Version : Chlorpromazine V's Quetiapine

Pink Panic
02-06-08, 20:16
Hi

After a few really bad days i saw a CPN today who spoke to my Psych who has now advised me to take Chlorpromazine instead of Quetiapine (Seroquel)
I find the Quetiapine does calm me but all i want to do is sleep ..... which is ok but not ideal with a young daughter!
Does anyone have any experience of being on Chlorpromazine please?

Oh and the Psych also wants me to start my script for Citralopram this week too!!!!:ohmy:

Love
Pink
xoxo

joy
03-06-08, 18:20
Trying to pm you but cant seem to so can you pm me.

Sorry you have been having some bad days when you have been doing so well

Love Joy

Pink Panic
03-06-08, 18:58
Hi Joy,

Sorry must have pressed the wrong button. :blush:

Love
Pink
xoxo

happyone
03-06-08, 21:33
Hi Pink,
I have had experience of both but I found things were easier the other way round. I was on Chlorpromazine (Which I think is much better for relieving anxiety quite quickly) but it made me tired. I am now on Quetiapine, but I only take it at bedtime. I can take it if I feel the need cos of my anx but I generally don't get into the same anx states as I used to. The quetiapine knocks me out but I am on another two meds which have sleep inducing qualities too.:ohmy:
As for citalopram, I have been on that too. Can I suggest you take that in the morning? Most people I know who have taken it at bedtime found it causes them insomnia, which you don't want!
Happyone
x

joy
07-06-08, 14:07
Pink
I cant even pm you now,are you ok?

Love Joy