KAREN L
03-06-08, 11:30
Hello

Is anyone having or has had CBT.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Karen

xxHonetBeexx
03-06-08, 11:53
I have paid for CBT a few years ago and yes it helped at the time, I was so negative and with the help of meds to, that was the best year half out of the 6 since I started getting my PA.

Emaa
03-06-08, 19:17
I have CBT and it helps me alot. :)

My anxiety has become more controlable now and less frequent, but it's still there.

I also suffer from social anxiety, and my psycologist was taking me to the middle of town and doing little things like getting me to ask someone for the time, someone who I wouldn't normally approach and things. I still walk around with my head down but I can go out and it's helped a great deal. :)

It's definatley worth considering. :)
Emz xx

jojo2316
03-06-08, 20:18
I'm just about to start a course of it on the NHS. I'm hopeful. I'll let you know!

eternally optimistic
03-06-08, 20:39
Hi

I had a short course with NHS.

My experience was really good and I would recommend anyone trying it.

You just have to be a bit open minded to the concept and go with the flow I think.

xLJx
05-06-08, 00:12
i went private for cbt, as the nhs were putting me on a waiting list of over half a year, and the state i was in i couldnt wait for it - i wasnt able to lead a normal life put it tht way (had the nhs got back to me in time, i am sure its as brilliant as anyone private)

and i just wanted to say, that it has changed my life completely. I am so so SO much better now! I have a great knowledge of anxiety, and a new confidence to overcome any situation.

working with someone whose not in your support network, but is on your side and there to help you is so liberating - just that can help reduce stress and anxiety.

hope it works out as well for whoever is having CBT.

this website is also a godsend in beating this awful way of life.

much love xx