PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with this bad weather...is anyone else?!

Zingara
03-06-08, 13:40
I don't exactly have a weather phobia as such but I find I get a lot more anxious when the weather is like it is today, heavy and grey with a lot of low pressure. It definitely makes my mood lower. I know most people prefer fine sunny days, but it really seems to affect me quite strongly. I can still feel bad on sunny days, but somehow it's easier to be optimistic. This low grey sky makes me a little panicky, it's hard to relax.
I get very anxious when during thunderstorms as well, my house was struck by lightning last summer when I was alone in it. Now whenever it rains I get anxious that it will happen again. I also get terrible pressure headaches when there's thunder in the air. Heavy fog makes me anxious as well. Is anyone else weather sensitive like me?

never2late
03-06-08, 13:51
My doctor says that, according to his records of me over the years, that my anxiety and panic difficulties are seasonal (winter months).

Other than that, yes . . . one of the first things I do in the morning is to see what the weather is like outside the window upon arising -- and that, to a great extent, determines the initial "feeling" I have for the upcoming day. If it is blue skies and sunny, I'm good. If dark and overcast, I'm not as good.

But, then again, this is to be expected with just about anyone: if you see that its a beautiful day, you feel better than if it is a terrible day.

Also, after a stretch of really nice days, it is also nice to have a rainy day thrown in there -- just as a break. Maybe I just don't like too much of the same thing -- whether it be sunshine or clouds.

marie1974
03-06-08, 14:04
hiya the bad weather does get you down i think, but during the week i am out for hour in mornings walking, then same at lunch then alf hour in afternoon for schools and like today i am like a drowned rat all day hehe hugs xx

juanna
03-06-08, 14:35
:) Hi Samira
Yes i too feel down and dreary when the weather is dull; & sympathise with you that your house was struck by lightening ; it must have been terrifying for you; however as the saying goes lightening never strikes the same place twice..... Juanna

mlondon
03-06-08, 14:48
Totally, totally, totally! It is nice to read that some one has the same experience though obviously I wouldn't want to wish it on you. I went to Australia in February, one of the first things I noticed was how much higher the clouds seemed, it was amazing. When the sun is shining I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel suffocated by the humdity at the moment and the grey, low clouds. I feel totally sluggish too. I am thinking of getting a light box for winter.

mila
03-06-08, 17:37
Hi Samira,
The weather affects me too, soooo much! On days like this i just feel so low and depressed, i get anxious easier, i am more likely to panic, and i also have this feeling of surrealness, like DR. It's even worse if i get out of the house, than i get physical symptoms too, i just feel like clouds are pressing on my head or something, and i can easlily get a panic attack, or what i think it's a panic attack....
On a sunny day, things are much different.

Lexi
03-06-08, 17:51
Hiya
I could have almost have written what Mila has said! I get such bad surrealness when the weather is yucky almost also like DR. I almost feel like i am spending my days under a blanket or in a box or something cos the clouds seem so low. I really am considering getting one of those little blue daylight lamp things. I constantly feel as if i am not really here if the weather is pants, it also makes me feel really lethargic.
Lets hope it picks up soon and have the weather summer is supposed to bring!

worriedGrace
03-06-08, 19:43
Bad weather certainly gets me down but what really frightens me is the winter and dark evenings. I go into a sort of panic when the clocks change in October. Even now when there is 3 weeks to go until the longest day I am thinking that the evenings will soon start drawing in and my fear will come back. Is it just me?

mlondon
03-06-08, 21:23
No I am the same. I like the cosy-ness of winter for about a month, and I like odd shower and storm but it the length of time it drags on and the dullness of the grey sky. Today I looked out of the window and tried to appreciate the rain, to like it, it feeds the plants and trees around us and gives us food. The weather forecast says it will be sunny in the uk tomorrow!

Summerleft
03-06-08, 21:55
weather really effects me, if the suns out im happy if it not Im far more on edge, very strange I always think

Tom_M
03-06-08, 22:21
Just an hunch, but I suspect that mood change was originally a natural emotion to signal prehistoric man, that it was time to move with the seasons. I could be wrong, i usualay am :winks:, but I keep trying :).

Cathy V
03-06-08, 22:32
I don't usually tell people around me that the weather effects me in this way too, coz i thought i was the only one:) what a relief to find others feel the same. I'm not as bad as i was but low clouds and fog make me feel like i cant breathe...fog triggers the claustrophobia, and low clouds feel like im under a blanket, again the claustrophobia thing. Dont you just love clear blue skies with little fluffy clouds here and there...perfect. warm but not too hot coz of the panics :blush: what are we like.

Cathy xx

Zingara
04-06-08, 13:09
Thanks everyone, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! Let's hope for those clear blue skies of yours Cathy....! xxx