PDA

View Full Version : I did it again.. Googled.

Emaa
04-06-08, 07:48
Okay, so I haven't slept tonight either, which means I've been sat in this chair all night at the computer. I've been sat here for like 3 days straight, just moving to go to the toilet, get a drink or I went to bed Sunday night to sleep.

I got up about 10 minutes ago to get a drink of coffee to keep me awake, and I noticed a really sharp pain in my left leg.

So of course, I googled.. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.
But you know how it is.

And of course, I've got on to a site about thrombosis.

I'm freaking out and what I've read.

"It's caused by sitting rigidly for too long so that a blood clot forms and makes a lethal journey to the lungs or heart."

"Deadly blood clots also tend to be more of a risk to the elderly, smokers, pregnant women, diabetics, cancer patients and overweight people."

I am so close to the point of passing out now it's unreal. I have pain in the back of my lower left leg when I stand up or put pressure on my foot. I keep getting nerves twinging and a numbing feeling around my knee.

Please someone help me? :| Talk to me? :|

I am so f**king scared right now.
Emz

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Emaa
04-06-08, 07:50
I am seriously lightheaded now and the pain in my knee is getting worse. :|

Emaa
04-06-08, 07:51
It's like above my knee now, does this mean there could be a blood clot travelling to my heart or lungs? :|
What should I do?
Should I call my GP?
The crisis team?
What? o.0

Help please A.S.A.P

- OMG I've replied to my own thread twice.

Emaa
04-06-08, 07:51
I have no credit, could someone call my crisis team people and get them to call me back at all? :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Emaa
04-06-08, 07:54
Please help someone. :| I'm stood here like marching on the spot.. Refreshing the page every2 seconds and I'm all faint and shit, my mum's just gne out. Not like she'd understand anyway.

Emira7
04-06-08, 07:56
Hey

I am here, please don't panic, if you look back at my threads I to have been absolutely terrified by blood clots, in fact I still am as have had alot of pain in my legs.

I went to my doctor/chiropracter and was told it was a pinched nerve. try some stretches. Go to the doctor if its really worrying you.

You really should not google, easier said than done I know, as I have been guilty of that.

do you have any rescue remedy? I have invested in some, I carry it with me all the time, and use it if I feel anxious.
Only last night I felt paranoid about blood clots. I got my partner to check if one leg was bigger than the other.

So please breathe, deep breaths,
put the radio on
think positive thoughts
keep talking on here
have a bath perhaps?

Much love and Hugs
Emira
x

lesleya
04-06-08, 07:56
Emma hun im online too...sorry your feeling scared..please pm if you need help

Emaa
04-06-08, 07:58
If you can Lesley. :|

Amira, I'm trying to calm down but I can't.

I've had anxiety now for 5 years and not once has it been this bad.
I think I'm actually loosing control. I'm so f**ked up.

I've promised my cousin I'd watch her two y/o at nine aswell. :| ARGh >.<

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:00
If I stretch and I have a bloodclot will stretching help it get to my lungs/heart? :|

Emira7
04-06-08, 08:04
I doubt its a blood clot hun, i think you have googled and its set your mind racing.
Lesley will tell you who is also on the this thread I was in chat the other night, and scared about exactly the same thing as you - having a blood clot. Why was I scared?! Well because I googled for flight socks, and that ended up with me stupidly reading about blood clots etc.. and thats why I convinced myself I had one.
If your worried about the pain, then go to the doctor, I did, and discovered it was a pinched nerve in my lower back causing sciatica, which radiates around the knee, the whole leg in fact.

I cramp alot, and thats down to anxiety, I know that, due to me being so tense all the time.

xx:hugs:

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:05
You mentioned you had a crisis team...and youve no credit on your phone.
If it helps you feel better i could ring them for you or credit your phone for you...i hate to see you panicing like this

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:06
I can't go to the doc, I'm babysitting from 9am onwards, so I have 55 minutes to sort my head out.

I have pain in my thigh now.:|:|:|

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:07
If you stretch you will only be stretching the muscle thats prob having a bad cramping spasm due to sitting three days at the computer.. and wth very litte sleep for that length of time would make your anx levels through the roof and thats what your dizziness will be. I think your leg will be ok Emz really.

Emira7
04-06-08, 08:08
Emaa,

You need to calm down hunny, like Lesley said do you want her to call them, or me, can they call you back.

I think your mind is doing overtime, and it just does the worse things to us, makes us feel things 100 times more than most.

What can we do now to help you. Do you have any paper bags?
x

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:09
Hi
Yes emira is right she has been worried in a similar way to you too hun...the best thing is to see your doc and get yourself checked out if its making you ill like this. A warm..not hot nice bubble bath works wonders it does help you calm down..works when im in pain. Ive lymphoedema in my left ankle/leg so i do understand what your panics like i do the same.

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:12
Nope, no paper bags. :| Uhm.. My mum's going to go upstairs and get her phone for me, it has the number in it. And I don't want to move.

How come when it's someone elses anxiety I can always think rationally but when It's my own I'm convinced I'm minutes away from my death.

Anxiety's f**ked up.. It really is. :| I knew I shouldn't have stayed awake tonight.

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:14
Okay, I has the number. Will someone call for me? :|

My name is Emma Beaumont, I can't remember my nurse woman's name as she's only succesfully managed to visit me once. &#172;.&#172;

The number's (Uk number btw :|) 00000000000000.

Idk just uhm.. Could you please ask them to ring me on 00000000000? My home phone. :|

I don't want to feel cheeky but I'm desperate.

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:16
Hi
Yes emira is right she has been worried in a similar way to you too hun...the best thing is to see your doc and get yourself checked out if its making you ill like this. A warm..not hot nice bubble bath works wonders it does help you calm down..works when im in pain. Ive lymphoedema in my left ankle/leg so i do understand what your panics like i do the same.

I know it's prolly just my anxiety, but this time I have pain aswell.. I worry baout blood clots alot but never normally have pain.

I wish I could have a bath lol, But I'd fall asleep and I've got to watch my cousin's 2yo in like 45 minutes. :|

I'm sorry for going on and on. :| I really am, I'm just freaking out like woah.

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:19
Emz remember last night when you were panicking and talking to me? you did it, you got control of your panic and you can do it this morning too. Y

ou told me last night that you get scared when you go to the docs and dont tell him the truth about your health fears. Try to find a way to talk to him and ease your mind a little. My doc was really good with me in this way and would let me go to him at the end of surgery when no-one was there, or be first so i didnt have to sit with everyone waiting.

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:21
Has anyone taken the numbers down? can they let me know so not all 3 of us are calling them? thanks, cathy xx

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:21
If ive been up all night i always suffer from what some people call 'shallow sleep', its because your body is overtired and exhausted and needs sleep so any slight ache or pain or worry seems to treble, and it feels a lot worse than it would have if you had had a good nights sleep. It can make you feel dizzy, and anxious too. I hope your able to ring your crisis team on your mums phone and they can help you calm down...Take care xx

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:22
I'll try and go I guess, But I've gonna have my cousins kid with me. o.0

I can't stop googling. :|

"Chris Simmons is lucky to be alive. The computer programmer from Bristol collapsed after spending 12 hours at his computer. A few days later he started to cough up blood. An MRI scan showed he had a pulmonary embolism (PE) - a blood clot that had travelled from his leg and lodged in his lung."

I've been sat here longer than 12 hours. :|

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:22
ok im gonna call them too and if we duplicate the calls so what?

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:23
Emz...GET OFF GOOGLE NOW!!

Emaa
I hope your able to ring your crisis team on your mums phone and they can help you calm down...Take care xx

I really can't. There's no credit on her phone.

I was just getting the number out of it as it was in her calls list. :|

Emira7
I get pain all the time, its a total pain in the butt. So I know where your coming from. Cathy is right, i spoke really frankly to my doctor and told her about the worries over my health, I also told her that sometimes I did not believe her when she told me things. She was great, and I felt better for being upfront about my Health Anxiety.

Do you want me to call the number?
x

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:24
Sorry Cathy :| I'll close it. :|

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:24
I get pain all the time, its a total pain in the butt. So I know where your coming from. Cathy is right, i spoke really frankly to my doctor and told her about the worries over my health, I also told her that sometimes I did not believe her when she told me things. She was great, and I felt better for being upfront about my Health Anxiety.

Do you want me to call the number?
x

Idk I want someone to call if anyone doesn't mind? :|
I need help >.<

Emira7
04-06-08, 08:25
PLEASE DON'T GOOGLE!

yes these things happen, but they are rare! I had to fly last week and I was in a complete state so I know what your saying Emz.

I googled and it set me back a long way and put me to square 1. Please stop googling now!! please please

Emira
x

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:27
Emz have called that number but only got machine so left message but is there anyone else that might actually answer a call at this time...you have acrisis team or something that are 24/7 or something?

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:27
I have closed it now, I'm sorry.

I'm just a bit blahhh :emot-questioned: atm.

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:29
Emz have called that number but only got machine so left message but is there anyone else that might actually answer a call at this time...you have acrisis team or something that are 24/7 or something?

Sorry, I'll have got the numbers mixed up with the day team people then. Sorry.

The number's.. 01484 343390

Emira7
04-06-08, 08:29
Ditto I have left a message also.

Can you call out on your landline phone?

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:30
ok trying that one now

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:31
Called but its on answer phone but ive left your number with them to call you as soon as they pick up....hope this makes you feel better knowing someone will get back to you hun xx

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:31
just waiting to talk to a triage nurse ok, hang in emz

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:32
No, It's incoming only.

I'd have rang them a while ago otherwise. =o/

What stretches should I do with my leg? :| The chest pains have kicked in now. :|

Normally, I'm starting to feel calmer now after this amount of time. |:

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:32
Thankyou guys for calling!!
It means so f**king much to me.

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:35
Have spoken to the ppl on the number you gave me an they said they will now pass message to your key worker who starts work at nine and she will call you, ok emz?

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:35
Called second number and you care worker is going to ring you but she doesnt start work till 9am....

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:37
>.< My worker woman's on holiday this week.

Cathy V
Sorry leslaya, these messages don't connect too quickly do they? and so weve obviously duplicated the calls but thats ok, at least we know theyv got the message!

Emaa
I don't know what to do.

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:39
Your more than welcome hun we just happy to help...hope your feeling a little calmer now you know you'll get some help later...take care hun and let us know how you go..i will prob be about for a little while yet if you need me xx
:hugs: :hugs:

Emaa
Could I ask you guys something?

If It is just muscular pains, could I start getting a pain in my knee then thigh after my calf pain?

Cathy V
Its ok Emz theyl have a duty nurse/worker to cover so someone will def call you dont worry ok. please try not to worry about your pains. I know its hard, but panic has no time limit on when it calms, so to keep putting qatime on how it lasts will only make it worse honest.

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:40
Yes cathy who cares if more than one persons rang them..

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:42
I think the whole thing is down to you sitting at the computer and stiff muscles. Remember last night when nicola told you to have a good stretch because of pains in your chest, because you were hunched over the computer? If the pains in your chest were anything bad you wouldnt be talking to me now would you?

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:44
No, that's true. =o/

I Can't calm myself down at all.

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:45
I think as you were sitting for so long youve cramped your muscles so they are bound to be painful for a while. When i get cramps the muscles sometimes are painful for days afterwards....heatpack or warm radox muscle soak bath works wonders..

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:48
Idk if I dare even get in the bath now, incase something happens to me while I'm in there.

Idk, I might pass out, then drown? I have a habit of passing out when panicky. &#172;.&#172;

Well my mum said I'm in no fit state to look after a two year old, so I guess that's one problem out of the way.

She's gone out again now too. -.-

lesleya
04-06-08, 08:51
I suppose thats a good thing emaa that you dont have the worry of babysitting now, but on the other hand it might have been good for you too in a way because it wouldve taken your mind off your anxiety for a while. But at least your free for when your support worker rings you which shouldnt be long now.

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:54
Emira i think we all made the call in the end! still it'll keep the crisis team busy eh?

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:54
I hope it isn't too long.
I celled y-day and they didn't ring back until 11.

I know I sound selfish, but I'm just a nervous wreck atm. Like I can't think straight.

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:55
Whos gone out again...your mum? does she go to work?

Emaa
04-06-08, 08:56
No, she's gone to town to buy herself some shoes. =o/

Cathy V
04-06-08, 08:57
Does she know about your panics?

lesleya
04-06-08, 09:00
Emira...cathy? sorry im being nosey but does one of you live in germany?
when i rang they told me someone had rang from germany?

Emaa
04-06-08, 09:00
Yeah she does.

But apparently they're 'not real'
I'm attention seeking you see.. Pfft.

Like, she just came back for her ciggies, and I begged her to come to my GPs with me. Just to make sure.

And she was all "I HAVE to go to town 'cause I NEED some shoes for this party"..

The party isn't even for another month :|

Cathy V
04-06-08, 09:05
Yeah that would be me les, i'm from liverpool but moved here last year (have sent you a pm just now too)
Cathy xx

lesleya
04-06-08, 09:07
Have you eaten emaa

Emaa
04-06-08, 09:09
Not this morning.

I ate yesterday evening last I think, maybe after or before Idk at the moment. :|

I'm sorry about all this >.<

Emira7
04-06-08, 09:14
Sorry I did not reply, I am at work, and everything went a little bit nuts for a minute!!!!

Just touch your toes emz, stretch out. rotate your foot both ways. Stretch your upper body to.

I have to do some work now but will check back.

Take care all
x

lesleya
04-06-08, 09:15
You need to go eat something emaa or you will make yourself feel even worse..please go get some toast or cereal and a warm drink.

Cathy V
04-06-08, 09:15
Em, sometimes its hard for the ppl closest to us, and hard for us because they dont understand. Thats why we are so much stronger than we think, cuz we more or less cope with this alone. You're doing great and you ARE coping. your still here talking to us. But pleeeeeese stay away from google!!

Cathy :)

Emaa
04-06-08, 09:16
I'm going to do some stretches and maybe if the pain subsides slightly, I'll eat some toast or bread or something :)

I don't know if I could stomach food right now, I'll be back in a little while

Thankyou all again so much ^^

Emaa
04-06-08, 09:18
Em, sometimes its hard for the ppl closest to us, and hard for us because they dont understand. Thats why we are so much stronger than we think, cuz we more or less cope with this alone. You're doing great and you ARE coping. your still here talking to us. But pleeeeeese stay away from google!!

Cathy :)

I will :)

Thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxxx

lesleya
04-06-08, 09:21
Ok emaa...im sure you will feel better soon, but, i will check your thread later to see how your doing...take care hun
Im off for breakky myself.
xxx:hugs: :hugs:

Cathy V
04-06-08, 09:22
No wonder you feel the way you do em, with not much food inside you. So do your stretches and enjoy your toast...in fact im off to have a couple of pieces meself and a luvly cuppa... back soon :) xxx

Emaa
04-06-08, 09:37
J/w

If anyone's still around, does anyone know of any free uk mental health lines I can call?

lesleya
04-06-08, 09:50
Sorry hun i dont know any freephone numbers at all....this is a website that you can get free cbt help from though if you want to have a look at it http://moodgym.anu.edu.au (http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/)

lesleya
04-06-08, 09:53
just found this one.. Free, confidential phone line you can call when you're feeling down. Helpline: *********

Emaa
04-06-08, 09:55
Thankyou!!!!

Cathy V
04-06-08, 09:58
but before you call anyone else....eat your toast! xxxx

lesleya
04-06-08, 10:00
never used it but hope it helps....remember when you ring freephone from a mobile skip the first *and just ring ********got to go do some housework but i will check your thread later to see your ok hun xxx

Emaa
04-06-08, 10:23
I can't eat. I feel sick, that phone number's just for Scotland lol, so I couldn't get through.

I did however, get my friend Sam to ring the NHS 24 hour helpline who called me back and 'assesed' me over the phone.

They did say it's good I can't note any lump's/swelling ect, but it's little reassurance considering I read on a site this morning and it said with DVT you can have no symptoms at all. And a man almost died from it for sitting at his desk for 12 hours.

They did tell me to keep my leg elevated just incase which I guess, has given me some comfort thinking it'll help if there is anything wrong.. But not much.

My breathing's calmed down now, and I'm not as shaky. Just lightheaded and feel a bit iffy, probably because I've been in such a state for so long.

NHS also told me to see my GP, which is pointless really. I'm too scared to go.

My comunity psychriatric nurse did ring back, and said she'd pop in around 12-ish.

Just an hour and 40 minutes to go.

I'm getting really odd sensations in my leg though as I'm writing this so I might be running off to the GPs after all lol.

I can't say how much you guys've helped me tonight :) Thankyou all so much.

Be back later, if not in the next.. Idk, 10 or so. Lol.
Emz xxxx

Emaa
04-06-08, 11:09
Okay, so turns out the doctors can't fit me in until 11.40 (YES I ACTUALLY WENT MYSELF!!!!! ^^ I even argued a little :P) Then Phillipa (cpn) rang to say she'd be at mine for 12.

I've rang the crisis line up and asked to pass the message on for Phillipa to meet me at my GPs .. But I don't know whether she will or not.

So now I gots to like.. decide whether to go for it and go to my GPs to see if it IS anything dangerous, or stay at home and see if Phillipa comes here, and admit it's just anxiety.

I must admit, I'm feeling ALOT calmer now I've been for a little walk and come back home. Just still worrying and having bother with my leg.

Thank to y'all again :) It means so much.
Emz xx

Cathy V
04-06-08, 12:19
Thats great, and id say go to the docs even if Phillipa doesnt meet you there, coz the doc will examine your leg (and any other pains that are worrying you) and also about the anx if thats what he thinks it is. but good girl for going out and doing that after how you felt earlier...:noangel: let us know how you get on.
Talk to you bit later ok?
Cathy xxx

Emira7
04-06-08, 12:32
Thats just brilliant Emz, just checked in as on my lunch break.

Good for you, its a pleasure to try and help, I know people would do the same for me.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on at the Docs

much love
Emira

Emaa
04-06-08, 12:53
Hey ladies ^^

Just got in from the docs, He said I DO NOT have DVT, my heart and blood pressure are fine.

He's having a word with Phillipa tomorow, and they're going to have a talk about suitable medication. :)

I can't believe I even gutsd up to go. :| Lol.
Thanks again. ^^
Emz xxxxxx

Cathy V
04-06-08, 13:05
Thats brilliant news, well done emz:yesyes: and im sure any meds they decide on will help alot.

Small steps
Cathy xxx :)

Emira7
04-06-08, 13:06
WOO HOOOO:yahoo:
Thats fabulous news, how do you feel now? Relieved I bet.

Good to hear good news!

Hugs and keep smiling
Emira

Emaa
04-06-08, 13:26
Yeah I feel awesome :)

Nice to be thinking with a clear head again I guess. :)

Emzxxxx

Emaa
04-06-08, 14:40
OKay... Problem.

I am completely calm now :) And I noticed my leg was still aching, so I thought I'd get a bath to try ease it.

I layed there for about 10 minutes, and when I sat up I looked at my legs. My left leg (The one that hurts) Was a purpley/reddy/bluey colour.. Kinda mottled all over the leg, and the veins in my foot were sticking out ALOT more than my right.

My right leg however, was just normal. So I don't think it was the water/temperature or whatever.

I'm trying my hardest not to freak out. Can someone give me some insight please?

All my love.
Emz xx

Emira7
04-06-08, 15:01
Emz your doing what I do all time, checking my legs for differences, nearly drove myself nuts last night doing it.

The mottled will be just the heat from the bath. I call it corn beef skin LOL! And the veins on my feet are more raised.

You must stop now, remember what your doctor said (easier said than done I know) and think positive.

Keep thinking straight
xx

Emaa
04-06-08, 15:19
Okay.

Thankyou :)

xxxxxxxx

Cathy V
04-06-08, 15:32
Emaa, just think about why the doc said you didnt have dvt. he looked at your leg and he also said your heart and bp were good. He would know the signs so try to relax and believe what he says. Like emira said its not to doubt the docs but im sure he would have seen the signs for it. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Cathy xxx :)

Cathy V
04-06-08, 15:41
Em, cant find another post for you apart from the one about a huddersfield meeting and this one from this morning. What did you post?

Cathy V
04-06-08, 15:43
why did you close the thread?

Emaa
04-06-08, 15:53
this is the post I meant Cathy.

Since I noticed the colour change I've noticed that my ankles have swollen up on both legs but more-so on my left. :| <-- (I put right here before I meant left)

So I think it's safe to say I'm freaking out again now, But not like before. I'm forcing myself to keep a calm head about things. :|

Emaa
04-06-08, 15:58
I've been walking round the estate going crazy, getting panicky.

I don't know whether to go to A&E like the NHS said, just to find out it's anxiety.

Or ring the crisis team and tell them I need someone sending out. :|

Cathy V
04-06-08, 16:05
So what are you thinking, that its still dvt? wouldnt think it would be in both legs at same time. Emz you have health anxiety believe it. you're 18 years old with a problem with boyfriend and maybe family too i dont know, but you are not going to die ok? whatever has stared this or keeps feeding it, but thats what it is. you will be ok.

Cathy xxx

Cathy V
04-06-08, 16:08
And you know yourself that when your panics end you feel better and then i see you chatting happily to other members, so you know the panic will pass, just go through it. youve seen it do its worse and it wont do more than its done since 8 o'clock this morning...you're still here arent you? youve got through it today, youve done really well. you'll be ok xxx

jellybean43
04-06-08, 16:25
Emaa I have been following this thread and I just wanted to add that it is definately HEALTH ANXIETY that u are suffering from. I recognise the signs---as i have them too!!!
Listen, I was only a bit older than you when i started with it and hey i am still here at 43 to tell the tale LOL
I would ask your doctor if he can maybe refer you for CBT. I saw a community mental health nurse when i was 22 and she was brilliant. She helped me get over that bout of it but now, sadly at 43 it has reared its ugly head again!!!
You will be fine.
I would, however, advise you to try and get some sleep. An early night is a must for you as when you are tired, believe me, everything is 100% worse!!!!
Let me know how you go on---you are ok and dont need to go to A and E as your doc has given you the all clear today xxxxxxx

lesleya
04-06-08, 16:51
Hi emaa......hope your feeling better now. xxxxx

lesleya
04-06-08, 16:53
Omg im sorry bout that numb didnt know it was just for scotland...could they not give you a similar number in england for help?

nomorepanic
04-06-08, 17:48
Can I suggest the phone numbers on this thread be removed as well as they are out there for anyone to read and call and that may not be appreciated.

Thanks

Emaa - How are you doing now?

Emaa
05-06-08, 05:37
I was alright yesterday, I went to be about half past 7.

I've just got up now and I'm freaking out again. >.< I soon as I woke up I felt a 'pain' in my back/side so I've started worrying... Thinking it's DVT. &#172;.&#172;

Phillipa's coming out at some point today I think though. So I've just got to try and not panic 'till then I guess =o/

Yeah I removed the phone number, sorry.

Emz xx

lesleya
05-06-08, 09:52
Good luck with Pillipa today im sure she will be able to help and reassure you.
Take care
xx