PDA

View Full Version : does this sound like anxiety...anyone else?

cassi23
04-06-08, 11:40
Hi,

this morning i've had this feeling that something is not quite right in my chest, cant really explain it, sort of like feels like heart is racing/sinking/heavy (but it is not racing,infact quite normal...im surprised)

Also felt like i couldnt get enough air in to lungs and like i might faint with it, then felt really panicked.

Wasnt feeling anxious at the time,symptoms just started,does this sound like anxiety,its such a vicious circle i dont know which came first...i panicked after so know the symptoms were first before panick,but i didnt feel regular anxiety before that!

Char xxx

janeybaby25
04-06-08, 11:47
yes this is just anxiety probably. mine can just come on for no reason & even tho if i feel like i have a racing heart, i don't.

hope you are ok, try & some some breathing excersises. xxx

sharon35
04-06-08, 12:06
yeah this sounds like anxiety, try and relax.
hope are are ok.
xxx

Lexi
04-06-08, 12:44
I get this fairly often, it does sound like anxiety to me. Easy to say but jst try and relax and remember this is quite common! Hope you feel better soon!

cassi23
04-06-08, 14:14
Thanx for replies,

i do find it hard to believe sometimes that these feelings are anxiety, and i really need reassurance that this is normal when im at home on my own with baby girl and im scared,if anything happened to me no-one would know until my partner got home and my baby would be on her own all that time

I know im silly for thinking these things but thanks again, im much more relaxed now...good to know im not alone!

Char xxx

Tom_M
04-06-08, 14:55
Hi Cassi

It could be physical, but caused by anxiety. The stomach gets effected by anxiety, and this can give all sorts of symptoms that can feel like there's a problem in your chest. The vagus nerve is responsible for a lot of this as it is common to a lot of organs in that area.