PDA

View Full Version : sleep and venlafaxine 150 mg daily dizzyness

breakingoutthistime
04-06-08, 11:58
:huh:

Recently having some problems getting of to sleep and when wake up around 11 am feel dizzy disorientated.
When miss a capsule normally feel like this its the same dizzyness feel like been knocked out with a sledge hammer.
Take neurofen and ibuprofen but it dont seem to kick in the only thing that stops it or brings brain back to equilibrium is time.
Bloody hate this am am sick of feeling dizzy even when go bed early and reasonable sleep.
Dont no what else can help with the dizzyness.

nov3ske
08-08-08, 17:08
Maybe you should go down to a lower dose again and try n build up if you need too..

I've also heard bad experiances from missing doses... the best i can say for that is try not to miss a dose.. lol

MyNameIsntRich
10-08-08, 04:27
Well, this is what I think your issue may stem from and please be assured that I am in no way a MD or Dr. in any way at all. Just someone who has fought with Effexor for quite a few years now.

Effexors Half Life is literally between 30 minutes to 3 hours. If you miss a dose the only single thing that’s going to bring you "back" not that you’re gone at all but I know you feel that you are. Is taking your dose. Letting the drug come back into your system. It can literally be felt in under an hour and within two hours you feel normal again to a point.

Effexor can be had in two forms XR and Regular, XR being an extended release and regular being an all at once type dose. My first question to you would be what one are you on?

This is a normal unfortunate side effect of Effexor and there literally isn’t anything you can do about it except for making sure you take your pills at the exact same time daily. You can not miss a dose of this drug or you can and most likely will feel horrible. I am not trying to scare you as it will cause no true harm to you but you can feel soooo bad when you miss a dose. Please don’t be too alarmed by this effect and speak with your MD about it. Also please be careful when you do come off of it as it seems you may be susceptible to side effects from this drug. Best of luck to ya

Not Rich