PDA

View Full Version : What have I done???????

kazzie
04-06-08, 17:10
:doh: Hi Everyone:)

So 2 years ago I was made redundant:ohmy:

I have spent the last 2 years wondering what I want to do with the rest of my working life:shrug:

I had a bright idea that I would really like to work in an undertakers......dunno why it just seemed a worthwhile job:wacko:

Anyhow the other week there was a job advertised part time 5 afternoons a week:yesyes:

It is office based arranging funerals or so I thought:lac:

Well I filled in the form, enclosed my CV etc and sent it off......now Ive been offered an interview:wacko:

Part of the job it seems is taking relatives into the chapel of rest etc:scared15:

All my mates think I would be really good at the job but my confidence is fading by the day:weep:

Im convincing myself that they want someone young and glam looking(which I aint lol)

Not sure what the purpose of this post is really just need someone to talk to cos all I get out of my partner is "you will be brilliant and you can do it" but he is biased:doh:

Even the thought of the interview makes my head spin:doh:

Please tell me Ive done the right thing or tell me not to bother:shrug:

Thanks for letting me vent I feel better just for writing it down:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

marie1974
04-06-08, 17:15
hi kaz, i think its great that u went for this job in the first place and they would not offer you an interview if they didnt think u could do the job. i say go for it cos you may just find that its the making of u and brings back all your confidence as well as making new friends too. trust what your hubby and friends say cos they know u best. go for it hun what u got to lose. hugs xxx

bluesparkle
04-06-08, 17:20
hi kazzie
well i think you have done the right thing. . .
you are a lovely person and i think would be very good in that job
rach
x

yorkylover
04-06-08, 18:02
Go for it Kazz,if you dont like it you dont need to take the job,but you will never know until you go for the interview.
You are good with people,so would be good doing that kind of work.Not sure about the chapel of rest bit though!!!!!!!!!!1:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

nomorepanic
04-06-08, 18:04
Kaz

It sounds dead boring to me :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry couldn't resist that one!

I am not sure I could do it as I would be in tears when the family started crying - as they are most likely to given the circumstances. If you can deal with that then I say go for it. It could be a turning point for you:yesyes:

kazzie
04-06-08, 18:11
Thanks Donna, Rach and Ellen:hugs:

I dont think its the job that worries me its why I am feeling so edgy about the interview:shrug:

I go to meet ups and meet perfect strangers, I talk to people on the phone, I meet people when I go to the pub and I dont have a problem:yesyes:

I think about going back to work and I break out in a cold sweat(not because Im lazy lol):doh:

And now Im doing the one thing that you should never do Im talking myself into having a full blown panic attack on the day(which isent till 12th June):whistles:

Sorry Im rambling:wacko:

Kaz x:hugs:

marie1974
04-06-08, 18:20
hey come on luvvy stay with us here and relax:yesyes: im sure the interview will be fine and just be yourself and just think well if they like me great if they dont wot the hell. everyone gets nervous on interviews u wont be alone, i think u should paint on a big smile, throw on a suit, take a huge gigantic deep breathe and walk in there like u are oozing with confidence :winks:
you always come across on here as a confident kinda person and give great advice im sure u will do just fine xxxx

kazzie
04-06-08, 18:26
ROFL Nic:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thanks Donna:D

Kaz x x x:hugs:

milly jones
04-06-08, 18:31
hi kaz,

nothing ventured nothing gained

just be urself at interview and ppl will see what a genuine, kind person u are.

if the jobs right u will know hun

best of luck what ever u decide

all my love mill xx

erob43
04-06-08, 18:47
Hi kazzie,

Hope you don`t mind my input, I think you will be an asset to them.

When I posted on the health anx section yesterday, you came across as very kind and helpful person, all qualities that a job like that would involve.

Why would they want a dolly bird when they could have you? I know what sort of person Id rather have.

Good luck with the interview I think you will be great at the job.:hugs:

take care

liz xxx

Hope 2
04-06-08, 20:12
Hey Kaz :D

Listen ere chuck if I can do it you defo can !!!!
Honest mate, it will be a piece of cake (polite) lol.
The interview is kinda like a test/judgement type of deal innit, that's why we get so nervous. And we assume those interviewing us are better/cleverer/more beautiful :ohmy: than us. I took a chill pill or ten and then just walked in like I was the coolest dude around. It was the first day at work that got to me as u know, but even that was pretty managable anxiety wise. The worst that can happen is that you will fall on yr bum, talk at hundred miles an hour and say something like " Hello, I am dead pleased to meet yah " when u walk in. And u know wot, they would much rather employ someone 'human' than a stiff, rigid poker faced person. In a place like that, believe me, you will need your sense of humour hun. I used to be a nurse and I have the sickest sense of humour goin mate, it gets yah thru.

The main qualities for this job will be
Compassion
Empathy
Professional yet down to earth
And a passion for helping people in their hour of need.
Oh and a bit of typing and phone answering he he.
You Kaz are this person mate, and if they don't see it in you then they want puttin in a box themselves :winks: .
Remember you will have stood up to many a demon in yr head/heart, you can cope with anything after that. This is wot I sed to my self hun and it worked.

Well once u read all this it will be nearly time to go for the flippin interview :ohmy: , waffle waffle, now that I AM good at !

Bye for now
Love to u and yours
Hope xx

kazzie
04-06-08, 20:43
Thanks Mills:hugs:

Thanks Liz:hugs:

Thanks Hope:hugs:

I have some Diazipam so will take one on the day(that or a bottle of vodka lol):D

Just hope I dont have to look round, get to the chapel of rest and promptly faint.....so not a good look!!!!!:roflmao:

Thanks everyone for all your help it really does make a difference:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

kazzie
12-06-08, 23:54
Interview was cool:D

Have posted under success stories:yesyes:

Thanks all:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs: