PDA

View Full Version : wow! did i panic

carole r
04-06-08, 20:21
wow!:ohmy: did i panic, the other week i was driving the van at work and for no apparant reason i went really dizzy, heart thumping, hands shaking, i thought i was having a heart attack,:scared15: i managed to pull over and rang work, then i was taken to the doctors, he did an e c g, blood, blood preasure and colesterol and everything was normal to my surprise, i was really frightened and cried all day,:weep: after reading this site all of my symptoms are on here, especially the dizziness and fluttery tummy and a strange feeling of not being real, thats really odd, it has happened to me every day and its really getting me down, i have no money worries, or relationship worries so i dont understand why it all started, any advice welcome i really do need help
carole :)

casey31
04-06-08, 20:33
hi there - I've experienced many panic attacks in the past most recently last week, when I went to the cinema with my boyf - I was fine while in the cinema then when we came out I just started to feel that 'non reality' feeling and just panicked and could not calm down for a few hours...really awful espicially when you can't think of what triggered it! , so I know what you're feeling :-) since then I've been to the docs who has put me on citalopram and tremazepam to help me sleep - similar drugs have worked in the past for me so I'm hoping they help this time..however if this is the first attack you've had it might be worth doing so CBT therapy which could help you ...however I must say therapy never worked for me because I had nothing to talk about as my life is good! and also I really hate dwelling on the past...hope you start to feel better soon xxx

kellie
04-06-08, 22:13
hiya carole :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: .
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. this place is great and very helpful and gets me through some tough times which im sure it will do for you also. keep posting and hopefully we can talk in the chat room soon .
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

popsy
05-06-08, 09:26
:welcome: Carole!!!
I you'll find lots of great advice here and make lots of friends in similar situations to yours. Its a friendly place so keep posting. You are never alone once you are a member of NMP! :hugs: xxx

Nibbles
05-06-08, 15:11
Hi Emma and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Has anything happened in your past that this could be a delayed reaction to? Anixiety can be caused by a chemical imbalance and comes on for no apparent reason. Have a read of the pages on the left for some useful info.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
05-06-08, 15:28
Hi Carole

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

chalky
05-06-08, 19:06
Hi Carole,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
05-06-08, 19:09
hi carole

have a read of the website to the left as you may find other symptoms u were nto aware of as i did when i first joined.

welcome to nmp

milly xx

Southern_Belle
06-06-08, 17:51
Hi Carole,

Welcome to the site. You will find that many here understand how you feel and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura