PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in staffordshire?

Cathy V
04-06-08, 23:58
I'm coming back over to uk tues july 22nd so was wondering if there was anybody living around the stafford area who would fancy meeting up? Living in germany i kinda miss all the meets but thought it would be good to maybe arrange a day while im over. Doesnt have to be loadsa ppl, even just a few of us would be great...just to put some faces to names.

I'll be in Stafford until sunday july 27th staying with my daughter, then going on to Wales to stay with my son as his new baby is due first week of august, so will only be able to meet up in stafford from 23rd to 26th july.

Let me know what you think guys. (bit nerve-racking this tho, coz if i get no replies then i'll be like billy-no-mates:unsure: !)

Cathy xxx :)

Granny Primark
05-06-08, 08:06
Im in stoke and visit stafford regularly. It makes a change from going to Hanley. (just wish stafford had a primark tho!)
Il find out what shifts my hubbys working (Hes a bus driver and does the stafford run) and get back in touch with you.
Im sure theres others in the stoke area that would be interested in meeting up.

Cathy V
05-06-08, 11:25
Thanks lynn, that would be great, yeah i know what you mean about primark hahaha! my younger daughter goes to uni in wolves and they have a primark which she loves! but i do like stafford because its smaller and less crowded and has some good coffee shops.

Best wishes
Cath xxx :)

thevoicewithinme
05-06-08, 11:50
Hi Cathy,

Im in Stoke too, although not sure where Stafford is (am originally from Kent) or how far it is from me. I can't promise that I will make it, but will try as I am an agoraphobic and really struggling at the moment but trying so hard to beat it. Would be great to meet you though.

Kaz

Cathy V
05-06-08, 13:26
Hi Kaz, im not sure how many miles stoke is from stafford, i do know that stone is about 8 miles away. If you have more probs than me getting around then i'm happy to come abit nearer and im sure Lynn wont mind this either, so dont worry. I have more probs on buses and trains than planes believe it or not, i thinks its because buses and trains can become quite crowded and stuffy and unless im sitting near the driver i feel abit trapped. When i fly over from germany its only 1 and half hours so i have a glass of wine in bar in airport and read a mag on plane and just dont look out of window...pretend im somewhere else! What are we like eh!

Take care for now
Cathy xxx

julieb
05-06-08, 23:15
hi girls, i live in stoke on trent not far from lynn and would love a meet up. somewhere where i can park nearby would be helpful as i'm agoraphobic too and this is a problem for me.

ju

Cathy V
05-06-08, 23:39
Thats great julie, so its looking as if its gonna be nearer to stoke and thats fine. When we have more of an idea of how ´many a bit nearer tje time we can sort out where and what day etc, coz i dont really know stoke, but am happy to meet there.

Take care and keep in touch all who are interested.
Cathy xxx

CliveL
06-06-08, 01:36
Hi i am not far away in cheshire

ladygrom
06-06-08, 02:50
hi cathy im in staffordshire and hey my daughter gos uni in wolves wats your daughter study mines studying law x x

Cathy V
06-06-08, 07:56
Morning Elaine, Thats great if you can make it too, there are more ppl than i thought in that area. If most of you are ok with any of those 4 days (weds july 23rd to sat 26th) as i am, then i'd like to leave the final choice of day to Granny Primark coz shes got to check on what day she can make it. I suppose with these meets we have to take pot luck with everyone making it on the day for various reasons and thats fine, we can only do our best cant we :)

Well believe it or not my daughter is studying law too! she should have been going into her 3rd year this time but is doing part of her 2nd year again...i guess she just wants to get it right!

Cathy xxx

Cathy V
06-06-08, 07:59
Hi clive, great if we can get together, if you read post to ladygroom-elaine below ive made a suggestion about the day. let you all know when theres more to know!

Take care
Cathy xxx:)

Granny Primark
06-06-08, 08:15
I think a sunday probably suits most people.
Ive tried arrange a meetup before and Sunday seems a preferred day.
Il get me hubby check his rota over the weekend and get back in touch.
Kaz you are more than welcome in our car and if theres anyone else that struggles there would still be another 2 seats vacant.

Cathy V
06-06-08, 08:23
Oh bum, sunday is aproblem for me lynn sorry, i can only do the 4 days remember? 23rd to 26th? I have to go to wales on the sunday to stay with my son whos having the baby..well his gf julie's having the baby! but y'know if sunday suits everyone else why not go ahead if you all want to meet and now that the balls rolling, coz i can make it another time as i do try to get back over every 3 months or so. Let me know what you think anyway.

Thanks lynn

thevoicewithinme
06-06-08, 09:26
Hi Cathy,

I too live fairly close to Lynn (GrannyPrimark). I also know now how far from me Stafford is as yesterday Lynn and her husband called around to see me :D was really nice to meet her, she is a lovely lady.

I will keep an eye on this thread and see where most people are happiest to meet.

Kaz x

Granny Primark
06-06-08, 12:24
Thanks for the compliment kaz:blush: your cheque for a tenner is in the post!:roflmao:
Im sure when a day can be arranged if my hubby is working hed be able swap his shift.

Cathy V
06-06-08, 12:53
Awww...your hubby lynn, bless him...he's a goodun isnt he? itd be so great to meet you all, its abit isolated over here even tho my bloke is great too, not many ppl speak english and my german is limited to say the least! so nmp is a bit of a lifeline and connects me to whats goin on in uk as well as helps me with my anx. So the weds, thurs fri or sat that week would be great. Look forward to it if we can do it.

Lotsa luv
Cathy xx :)

ladygrom
06-06-08, 12:58
hi yes them dates shud be fine and my daughters going into her second year at uni our daughters will probly meet up at uni xx and id realy like to meet up with you all it will b lovely x x tc keep me posted x

Granny Primark
07-06-08, 07:49
Just been chatting to me hubby about the meetup.
I realise that most of us couldnt meet up without the help of our partners. And that most of our partners probably work monday to friday. (except mine of course, but hel try arrange for the sat off)
How about trying to meet up on the saturday then?
Stafford would be fine for us.
I was thinking where we could go for a coffee in stafford.
Mcdonalds gets really full most days so thats definietely out.
Theres cafe nero and also theres a starbucks in sainsburys.
Other than that we could have a coffee and a chat in the asda cafe.
(Im virtually a stafford local! lol)
If anyones stuck for getting to stafford there will be 2 or 3 seats going in our car.

Cathy V
07-06-08, 10:58
Saturday is good for mw lynn, and maybe cafe nero, coz its got tables outside for any smokers amongst us (I gave up years ago but still know how it feels to want to hav a cig when nervous) but anywheres fine.

Catcha later