PDA

View Full Version : NO PANIC Telephone Recovery Group

popsy
05-06-08, 09:39
Ive just started the No Panic Telephone Recovery group on (this) tuesday evening (just gone) and i forgot on tuesday to ask if any of the members of my group post on here? Is anyone in my group here? (im Charlotte)
Also, would be interested to hear of anyones experiences of this course?
Was it helpful?
Many Thanks guys as always
Charlie x x x :flowers:

milly jones
05-06-08, 12:59
what is it charlie? sorry have i missed something?

biy dizzy at mo lol

millx

nomorepanic
05-06-08, 13:27
I have done it twice (once over 10 years ago and again just last year) and the befriending group as well.

It was good to talk to people in the same situation as you.

Mill - look at www.nopanic.org.uk (http://www.nopanic.org.uk)

never2late
05-06-08, 13:42
Looking back over the years, how wonderful it would have been to be able to pick up the phone and speak to someone while at the height of panic. I see they offer books, CD's and video's as well. It was a very lonely, isolated time indeed before the Internet came along.

popsy
05-06-08, 15:02
Sorry Milly, should have explained better follow this link: http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm i am so far finding it useful and a good base to talk to others on the phone with same problems as me with a counseller guiding the conversation, i would recommend it to you! It costs £10 to join and then the 14 week counselling course is free (well the price of a phone call once a week) , but i did have to wait about 6 weeks to start as there is a bit of a waiting list. They tend to try and match up people in each group of about 6 people with similar problems ie: agraphobia, GAD, Social Phobia, panic attacks etc... there are seperate groups for those with OCD as well.
Hope thats some help. C xxx

Piglet
05-06-08, 15:26
I did it a couple of years ago too - well worth doing!!!:yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

milly jones
05-06-08, 16:44
thanks nic and charlie for ur replies

i would like to hook up with more social phobes lol

just dont know if i can cope on the phone yet

many thanks mill x