PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain today

Stefan P
05-06-08, 10:27
Nothing too serious but its an on-going thing. I am sure its related to my back posture ... got a rather sore back from being hunched over a computer for the last eight years (and my shoulders and neck being tense thanks to the anxiety). Is it possible that back and shoulder problems can cause a pain in the centre of the chest where the ribs all join up to your breastbone? I think everything is connected so its probably compensating for something in my terrible posture ... but wouldn't mind an opinion or two!

janeybaby25
05-06-08, 11:30
yes its definitly your posture, I went to A&E once with a horrible pain in the middle of my chest & after all the tests got told it was Muscular Skeletal. Try going to your docs, maybe they would refer you for some physio?

Stefan P
05-06-08, 13:15
Thanks Janey, yes I'll go to the doctor. Its nice to get a little reassurance that it is posture related .. pains in the chest do cause a lot of unecessary anxiety. Did you get physio yourself, and did it help?

janeybaby25
05-06-08, 13:33
No, I didn't have physio, mine was because I was hunched over all the time with anxiety but I learnt how to relax from CBT. Also I have curviture of the spine which sometimes causes my pain. (this is just my story, I am not saying this is the case for all) so I am at the mo waiting to be refered for physio which I think will help greatly. Let me know how you get on at docs. :)

petmad
05-06-08, 19:12
Hi
I also have neck and back problems which I think is down to bad posture and being on this computer too long everyday!
My back feels very sore and delicate and bruised sometimes, I fear I have something horrible going on! I have suffered from pains at the base of my ribcage also, my doc said the nerve endings go round there and from where I was tender they would run round. So its probably the same thing.
I am due to have acupuncture for 3 weeks next month and hope it helps my neck, but thats probably worse when stressed and tense which is most of the time! I hate needles though...

take care x

silvere2
06-06-08, 07:11
Sounds like costochondritis...I have it (don't worry, this one you can google :)). It's not a big deal, it's inflammation of the sternum, and for me at least, it's related to posture. I notice it's worse when I've been hunched over the computer for a few hours.

Stefan P
06-06-08, 17:13
Thanks for the replies all :D