PDA

View Full Version : claiming benefits

dennis51
05-06-08, 11:29
Hi Everyone!
I am claiming income support based incapacity of £60 per wk because of severe agoraphobia, i live on my own, and almost house bound.is their any other benifit i could claim as well? thanks.
my email is ds.stammers@googlemail.com thanks.

amandaj
05-06-08, 11:32
do you get incapacity benefit aswell as income support ? you can also claim for dla if cant go out as i get it cos of that

dennis51
05-06-08, 12:33
hi, thanks for your reply, i dont get incapacity as well as income support, not sure what you mean by dla! i am new to benifits im afraid.

amandaj
05-06-08, 12:35
disability living allowance , and im sure you can get incapacity benefit aswell as income support

nomorepanic
05-06-08, 12:48
Try this ....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31125

decca
05-06-08, 13:46
Hi,
If you are getting income support and Incapacity benefit levels 1 and 2 may be deducted from your income support so it's swings and roundabouts.
However if you get level 3 incapacity benefit it will increase the amount of income support you get because it carries a disability premium,the same applies to Disability living allowance.
Also if you have a liability to pay Council tax or rent make sure you are claiming Housing benefit.

Best wishes
Decca.

amandaj
05-06-08, 14:56
i dont get a disability premium with my incapacity i get a age related premium ,if your over 35 you should get that also its an extra 20 pound a week on top of normal incapacity ,and even then its more than the 60 you get now

Chris W
07-08-11, 12:20
Hi Dennis

For the condition that you are suffering from, you may be entitles to the care component of Disability Living Allowance, (the level is dependant upon the severity of your condition). Also, if somebody accompany's you because of your condition you may be entitled to the lower mobility rate.
If you need any more information please do not hesitate to send me a message.

kirsty74
07-08-11, 20:43
hope you do n't mind me asking a couple of questions on this thread. I am agoraphobic & can't get further than shops 5-10 mins away. Sometimes I am unable to get out at all. My husband was working but was made redundant a few weeks ago. Is it possible I could put in a claim for DLA? Does it matter if my husband is working or not? Does it affect other benefits? (Husband is currently getting JSA) We told the Benefits Agency at the time of the claim that I was unable to work due to agoraphobia & panic/anxiety attacks and they didn't tell me I could claim.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

london
07-08-11, 20:54
Hi Dennis

For the condition that you are suffering from, you may be entitles to the care component of Disability Living Allowance, (the level is dependant upon the severity of your condition). Also, if somebody accompany's you because of your condition you may be entitled to the lower mobility rate.
If you need any more information please do not hesitate to send me a message.

dla is not to do with the illness in the first case
dla is for the care yiu need or help getting around

Chris W
07-08-11, 21:21
DLA is a benefit which is not taken into consideration by the DWP when looking at other benefits or housing benefit for example.... there is absolutely no harm in putting in a claim and if you do try and put in as much information as you can on the application form

Here is link for the claim form where you can complete the form on your computer and then save it and print it off.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/dla1a_adult.pdf

Good luck with the application...