PDA

View Full Version : Need natural ways to boost my immune system

vladimir3d
05-06-08, 14:04
They say stress is the biggest killer of them all, I am beginning to believe that.

I have been getting 12 hour colds or pseudo flus or whatever as of lately. Each time my body manages to fight them off, but I am beginning to get concerned.

I usually get sick once every 2 years, sometimes less and in the past 3 months i was sick 4-5 times alone. Since my last flu I had 3 12-hour things where each time my body managed to fight off whatever bug was pestering me.

So my question is: Are there any natural stuff besides berries, fruits and such to help one's immune system. I know of zinc supplements and vitamin C supplements, but does anyone know any other vitamin supplements or foods or whatnot.

I absolutely cannot afford to get sick right now. :unsure:

Piglet
05-06-08, 15:31
A few other things to put in the mix

1. Udo's oil - this is a balance of omega 3, 6, and 9 and is wonderful stuff for lots of reasons (have a look on his site for more info).

2. Vit B's are great for stress.

3. Acidopholus - ie: good bacteria. Having good bacteria in the gut really goes a long way to keeping you generally healthy. Try Biocare and also eat as much probiotic yoghurt as you can.

4. Consider seeing a homeopath - I'm just starting one of my kids on an immunity course and I'm taking stuff for my anxiety.

Piglet :flowers:

happydylbob
05-06-08, 15:40
I have just discovered the wonders of Green tea it is packed with Anti oxidants if you don't like the taste try White Tea just as good but a bit milder. Although I do find if I drink it first thing in a morning without eating first it does make me feel a bit sick so is best after food. hope this helps.

vladimir3d
05-06-08, 16:03
thank you all. I have not been eating very well, or much at all recently.

I am trying to get my stuff together and begin to really fight back feelings wise, not just fall apart at the end of the day as i have done so recently.

Thanks all for your help.

Adz84
10-07-08, 22:46
you could try red bush tea if you don't like green tea. It's also full of anti oxidants and is as refreshing as a glass of water.

marie1974
10-07-08, 22:52
hi there vladimir how r u apart from colds and flu? well lots of vit c and lots of berries, blueberrys are great. try eating frsh green veg too as raw as u can cos its better that way spinach, cabbage, etc. hugs xx

mtatum4496
11-07-08, 05:17
To get my immune system back into working order, my doctor put me on a minimum of 1000 mg of Vitamin C, a B Complex vitamin, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. All these also are helpful with helping to heal oversensitized nerves as well.