PDA

View Full Version : Please reply

Vinny
05-06-08, 15:00
I posted a thread earlier about the pain I have in my shoulder blade. I have now been googling symptoms and I'm even more worried that I have lung cancer!!! A chest xway I had last September was clear but I now think something has developed since then. I've had this for years on and off but it's really scaring me at the moment. It seems to do it more when I exercise (although I'm not breathless or anything). Please, please someone tell me they have this symptom too and convince me it's:weep: not lung cancer!!!

Trixie
05-06-08, 15:21
Do you think you have pulled a muscle at any time and therefore making it susceptible to other injuries?

Vinny
05-06-08, 15:43
I may have done without realising it. Thank you for replying.

Stefan P
05-06-08, 15:54
Edit*

Oops. Didn't read closely enough, sorry!

Emira7
05-06-08, 17:16
Vinny - did you know that googling is bad for our mental health :blush: LOL. Please for the first thing, do not google, it is terrible. I am an offender and always make myself feel more cruddy after googling.

I think the fact you had an x ray in September is positive. I am a HA sufferer, and I, along with alot of other board members ache like mad, in all different areas of the body, and feel all kinds of funny sensations. Try and have a hot bath, perhaps put some ice/bag of peas on the affected area.

If your really worried and nothing else will ease your mind then pop along to the docs.

Most of all think positive, keep posting on here.

Big Hugs
Emira
xx

breeze25
05-06-08, 17:57
Agree google is awful, you just scan through everything till the word cancer comes up, and I recon you could type in any symptom and sure enough if you look hard enough that word will appear.

The thing with anxiety (well mine anyway) i always focus on something and convince myself its doom and gloom and it NEVER has been. If you have had this on and off for years and have had an xray done last september, then I sure its nothing and you will be fine, but like others have said if it puts your mind at rest pop along to the docs.

chalky
05-06-08, 18:54
Hi Vinny,

Every action has a reaction-that's the sum total of my knowledge of the laws of physics.
Essentially what it means for you is that every time you Google a symptom(action),your Anxiety goes through the ceiling(reaction).
The only way to stop this is to quit with the Googling!!!
The human body can cope with an amazing amount of abuse-when it cries out,it must be tended.Put your faith in your Doctor and his years of training,to look after you.Accept the effect that Googling has on you and work-one day at a time-to stop doing this.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Vinny
06-06-08, 13:05
Thanks guys, you've really helped me and I'm trying to stay positive today.

xx