PDA

View Full Version : hi people

minky
05-06-08, 18:26
My mums got anxiety and depression. It makes her really down.She is angry and her mood chages rapidly . She won't let me have freinds round.It is hard on me sometimes . She has panic attacks . She doesnt like seeing people she knows .
Can anyone give me tips or advise :wacko:

thanks Minky

Biddy
05-06-08, 18:46
Hi Minky.
Nice to meet you.
Sounds like you and your mum are having a bad time.
Best thing you can do for your mum is let her know you are there for her.
Also it is important not to forget about yourself.
If you need to talk you can message me at any point.
Hang in there
Amanda

chalky
05-06-08, 18:48
Hi Minky,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Well done for trying to help your Mum!!!
Have a look through the Main Menu for information which will help you and your Mum to cope with her problems.Encourage your Mum to come here when she is feeling low.There are lots of people here who will help her.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
05-06-08, 19:04
hello minky

welcome to nmp

milly xxx :blush:

Nibbles
05-06-08, 22:22
Hi Minky and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You're already doing great coming here and looking to support your mum. It must be hard and it's important not to forget about yourself. I find sufferers are able to cope better if they take small steps so perhaps you could try compromising with your mum? For example, you could suggest having a friend round for just a short time to begin with.

Take care,

Mike :)

eternally optimistic
05-06-08, 22:24
Hi Minky

Your mum sounds a bit like me... I think I was that person last year, I am improving. I was very angry with everything.

Has your mum been to see a Doctor to seek advice, or has she seen this website?

marie1974
05-06-08, 22:25
hi minky and welcome i guess it can be very hard for the other party with trying to cope and deal with someone elses problems and also trying to get them to get help too. well here you will get some great advice and support and make new friends too, so hang on in there and things will get better for both of u hugs xxx

kellie
05-06-08, 22:49
hiya minky :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
well done to you hun for wanting to help ur mom and make things better for her:hugs:
You will get lots of support/advice and make some great friends along the way. When you dont suffer yourself it can be very hard and fustrating trying to understand, so being there for you mom is a lovely thing to do. has she seen her doc about how she is feeling? also ask her to take a look at this site with you, there is lots of info that may help her with some things. keep posting and we will help as much as we can.

take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
06-06-08, 00:37
Hello Minky I Know This Must Be Hard On You Also But Its Good To See You Wanna Get Help There Is Lots Of Info Here And I Do Wish You Both Well......linda

smudgie
06-06-08, 05:23
Hi Minky

A big warm :welcome: to the forum. so glad you found us.

This is a safe place to talk and to get help and support. you will soon discover you will not be alone and we are here to help you.

Im sorry your mum is having a hard time and Im sure you are constainly getting in her bad books but she cant help that , she is poorly and needs some help. By no means is it your fault either you have done nothing wrong but people take it out on their loved one s and dont realise what they are doing.

Im so glad you have come here and we will do are very best to help you.

you are a very special person because you are trying to help your mum and care for her.

take care of you
smudgie:hugs:

minky
06-06-08, 16:07
Thanks Guy's Mum has been to the doctors Im feeling :D today.:bighug1:

Southern_Belle
06-06-08, 18:04
Hi Minky,

Welcome to the site. You will find that many here understand how you feel and you will get support. This site is for carers too.

Many hugs,

Laura