PDA

View Full Version : Worried about breast cancer

Lissy43
05-06-08, 20:31
Sorry to post again about this, I posted a few weeks ago.

I found a small pea sized lump in the right side of my boob, its just sitting on a bone and id say its a teeny bit smaller than a petit pois pea:winks: moveable but hard. My mum checked it for me and she said as I am proding with my finger tips to feel it its nothing, she felt with the palms of her hands and couldn't feel it at all.

Also ive noticed when I raise my right arm I can't feel it, it moves up as I move my arm, surely a cancerous lump wouldn't move? it feels like its on a piece of muscle almost.

I am going to make a GP appointment for next week but at the moment im rather nervous about going because the only female GP at my surgery I don't really rate so it would have to be a male GP, my regular GP I wouldn't like to see about this because he is quite young and tbh I think he would prefer I saw a female:winks: This other male GP has known me since i was a baby and ive had a breast check with him after my son was born but still im rather embaressed about it and if im having to sit there prodding it and guiding him to it, it will be abit akward, lol!

I had a full blood count and a whole load of other blood tests done 3 weeks ago because id had tummy trouble, surely if I had cancer my GP wouldn't of said my bloods were perfect?

I have very small breasts, 32AA so im almost bone up there so I can feel every little lump and bump. I have been told mine are the best kind to have to check for cancer, I wish they were bigger:D

Any reassurance please? I am going to drive myself crazy until next week.

jodie
05-06-08, 20:42
hiya libby

i am sure if you had cancer the blood tests would if shown somthing hun .
it is best to go chat with the doc and get him to have a look to make sure things are but i am sure from what you have sead all will be fine
try not to worry about it hun

jodie xx

Lissy43
05-06-08, 20:53
Thanks Jodie,

Yes its best to get these things checked, its just so nerve wracking isn't it when its a lump.

Hope you are doing ok.

Lissy43
06-06-08, 07:29
Can anyone else offer some experiences and reassurance?

Thanks.

breeze25
06-06-08, 07:37
Hi, I get lumps on my breasts all the time, I always get them checked out to stop myself worrying, they always turn out to be nothing, fatty tissue etc, I get them a lot around the time of my period, some go some stay.

Lissy43
06-06-08, 14:02
Thanks Mev,

I first noticed it when I was on my period 3 weeks ago but its not gone.

I hope the GP can reassure me.