PDA

View Full Version : yoga helps

hello01
05-06-08, 22:14
When I have a panic attack or gerneral anxiety, i find it really hard to breath..my chest is all tight and I breath really quick. I have had two sessions of yoga this week ( for begginners) and just from that I have learnt how to breath properly..slowly...this has not cured my panic...but I feel if i continue with Yoga, this could really help me to overcome of all this. Also, I have never had a hobby or interest before, so i have had always too much time on my hands to think (worrying thoughts)! i am going to try and continue with this..but if anyone has or is considering yoga..please give it a try. When I went to my doctors tonight, I mentioned to him that I was doing this, and he couldnt agree any more that this will help...

It could be worth a try...it definately beats me pacing up and down in my flat all night!

eternally optimistic
05-06-08, 22:17
yoga is lovelly, i started a beginners class a couple of months ago.

the last ten minutes of winding down in the class are superb. wish I could do it every day.

I love it, its not too serious and gives you a sense of control.

you sound like me, its something to look forward every week.

have you tried many difficult positions yet??

im the class clown who always has to have a 1 to 1 to get it right

hello01
05-06-08, 22:26
I havent tried anything too technical yet!! I can just about do the downward dog! It is good to have something peacefull and slow to look forward to, in this fast paced world..it forces you to relax ..:)

eternally optimistic
05-06-08, 22:31
Do you find at the end of the session you are just sooo sleepy.

I've had to miss a couple of sessions recently and cant wait to get back.

I am trying a meditation class tomorrow with the yoga teacher, should be good.

hello01
05-06-08, 22:37
Yep, I feel all nice and chilled out..Let me know how the meditation goes,that sounds interesting.. I had a massage aswell the other night ( i am seriously investing into relaxtion)..and was so sleepy when I got off the bed, I nearly walked into the display shelves in the shop...which did make me chuckle..

Lauren

eternally optimistic
05-06-08, 22:40
Excellent Lauren, sounds funny, can just imagine the scene.

I must admit I am really into the relaxation scene, will soon be walking around wearing a kaftan and slippers, am sure my work colleagues will
like that!!

The mind is so powerful and I want to beat it.

Will let you know how the mediation goes.. I am turning quite wacky.

Bye for now.

Piglet
06-06-08, 12:02
I've been doing yoga regularly for about 4 years now and I agree it's marvellous. :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

karen34
09-06-08, 00:05
i love yoga too, i havent went to any classes but have bought quite a few dvds and do it at home.