PDA

View Full Version : ectopic/skipped heartbeats and breathless help!!!!

lizs
06-06-08, 14:31
i was diagnosed with benign ectopic heartbeats aout 9 months ago a few days ago i strated getting breathless not gagging for air but feeling that my breath isnt going round my body like im not getting a deep enough breath? and today i thought if it is panic when i start gettin the symptoms i will do some star jumps to try and disperse the adrenaline well aout 30 seconds after i got really thumping ectopic/extra/skipped beats i was really scraed because i heard this is dangerous i also have been having a pain under my left breast and a tightning around my left wrist i have had 2 holter mon's and a heart scan and xray and bloods im so scared does anyone else get this and am i going to die from it ?

nomore
06-06-08, 15:54
Don't worry, if you've had all those tests done and the results are all normal the ectopics can't hurt you.

I used to get these pretty often as well. Initially I was absolutely terrified and started having panic attacks over them. I thought that I was going to have a heart a attack or something. I had a number of ECGs, 2 blood works, echo, stress test and a 7 day holter. All results were normal and my cardiologist said that some people just suddenly become aware of those strange heart beats. A lot of it is anxiety related. Did you have a stress test done?

Gradually I got used to just ignoring the ectopics, although I still "listen" for them. They still do happen every once in a while and sometimes scare me briefly but then I try to just dismiss them.

shiv
06-06-08, 15:59
Hi there, I have had the most horrendous heart symptoms on and off for 14 years. I finally accepted, after a very bad few months in 2006 that they were down to anxiety. My symptoms went beyond ectopics; I had something called superventricular tachycardia (or SVT for short). Anyway once I accepted it was anxiety it 99% stopped. But my God did I get myself into a state over it! If you go onto my profile and go onto a thread I started entitled "Please say someone else gets this" You'll get the general idea, but as I say it all turned out to be good old fashioned anxiety!

I can guarantee you these symptoms will do you no harm.

Hope this helped,

Siobhan x

lizs
07-06-08, 10:01
thanks it's nice to know im not alone i just wish it would go away i find myself not being ale to concentrate on anything else :(

petmad
07-06-08, 21:55
Hi
I also suffer from missed beats and the night-time thumps! I also had a time of pain in my left side at the base of my rib cage and I went to the doctors who said its a strain and nerve endings are there. I get back neck and back and its probably tension related which then causes me pains in my ribs round the front.
Its horrible having the fears and the heart thumpings and feeling your pulse, I am trying not to check for it now as it makes me worse...

xx

joolee
11-06-08, 11:40
Hi i am an ectopic sufferer and have been for 4 years now mines come and go usually i get them the worst when im due my period
but 2 weeks ago they came on very strong every day and night it was driving me nuts and tearfull i put it down to me being scared of my operation i was getting for my hernia
well i got my op done on Thursday past and i was on a heart machine through out they knew i have ectopics and when i came out from the operation i was having loads but not one nurse was bothered about it so it goes to show if they werent harmless they would have kept me in but they said i was fine and i got out same day 2 hours after op
well since then my ectopics have completely gone i mean it i know i will get the odd twinge now and again but i feel so much better so its down to my stress levels that i got them hope this helps anyone who is scared like i was about them much love Julie xxxxxxxxx:yesyes: :hugs: