PDA

View Full Version : Frazzled

juanna
06-06-08, 22:11
:unsure: I've been taking Prozac for about five/ six weeks now and am definitely not sleeping as well and seem quite nervous and anxious... Has anyone else had problems or these symptoms or am i just having a prolonged panic attack.. I take 20mg and take it in the morning. Juanna

Oceanblue
07-06-08, 13:28
Hiya,

If you've been taking Prozac for 5-6 week's your body should have settled down with the short term side effects. Clearly, as you've described; lack of sleep and increased anxiety, it sounds to me that you're either taking too much of a dose or Fluoxetine just isn't the right medication for you.

I know that you are only taking 20mg, but sometimes even this can be too high a dose for some, and so therefore liquid form of 10mg would probably be more suitable. Either that, or as I've mentioned a different type of med.

Best to talk to your GP about this,.. you may find he/she will reduce the dosage to 10mg liquid form for sometime, then later increase the dose to tablet form of 20mg.

Make an appointment with your doc and they'll help you sort this out. I've taken many med's and Fluoxetine is one of them. Brill med if taken in the right dosage.

Hope this helps alittle x

H22
08-06-08, 14:46
Hi
Im also on prozac and have been for almost 60 days, it's done nothing for me and i still feel side effects like not being able to eat or sleep, i've lost a lot of weight and in teh past two days have had the worst panic attacks ive felt in months.
I don't think prozac is actually for anxiety, its more for depression, im going to talk to my doctor about coming off them (though they said id be sent to hospital if i did =[ ) because they dont seem right for me, and it seems the same for you.
I think you should talk to your doctor about starting different ones

xx

Liverbird67
08-06-08, 16:06
Hi
Go back and speak to your doctor, anti-depressants are a bit like cold remedies what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others there are lots of them about, it can be like anything else trial and error.

Good Luck

Debbie