PDA

View Full Version : New to site

Londongirl
06-06-08, 23:59
Hi All!

I am a suffferer of anxiety disorder since many years and have until now never spoken to other sufferers, so finding this site is amazing:yesyes:

I had CB therapy last year and i am all for it, my doctor gave me medication as i don't like flying but i decided to do therapy instead and i really do believe that it is the long term solution!

I have just gotten back form a great trip around asia, i was so scared of going i was sure i wouldn't be able to. My anxiety was at an all time high but i decided to challenge the ugly little monster and it was such a great feeling!! i can't believe i did it !when i got back i thought there wasn't anything i couldn't do. Although having been back, i am slowly finding that the old anxious feelings are coming back. So now i am worried once again about going on the tube, going to restaurant, being in a crowded place...i get so tired of this! i was doing really well and now i can feel the same trapped feelings. I was wondering whether anyone have had setbacks like this themsleves?and what advice could you give me?

Im soo happy to have found this site, feels so nice to see that im not alone :)

Butterfly-xox
07-06-08, 00:07
Hey im new too. I have had setbacks before as well its very normal to have them. it is depressing to feel like everything youve done has gone out the window but that is not the case. You can get passed this if you keep the mindset you had when you went to asia, keep thinking that way and it will help alot.

nomorepanic
07-06-08, 00:11
Hi London Girl

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Londongirl
07-06-08, 00:11
Thank you so much Butterfly! i will try to keep the positive thinking. let me know how you go with the exercise and if it helps!

DeniseB
07-06-08, 00:17
Hey London!

Totally fantastic to hear about you trip to Aisa and well done you for achieving that:)

Some times after a huge challenge like that the daily issues rear their head and knock you back a bit!! Set backs are mere blips - they will pass and get better if you keep the same motivation that you have shown to achieve what you already have!!:hugs:

Give yourself the credit you deserve and don't be to hard on yourself - one step back two steps forward!!

Denise x

Londongirl
07-06-08, 00:27
Thanks Denise! i can't tell you how happy i am to have found you guys! finally i have someone that fully understands what i am talking about!:D

I am going try with my 'baby' steps again and positive thinking!

Southern_Belle
07-06-08, 03:21
Hi London Girl,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

never2late
07-06-08, 10:30
I was wondering whether anyone have had setbacks like this themsleves?and what advice could you give me?

Im soo happy to have found this site, feels so nice to see that im not alone :)

If you think about it, we have "setbacks" in just about every area of life: we can have a few difficult setback days in our relationships, at work, with other areas of our heath (a head cold for instance), our finances, even our cars can have set back days, requiring a trip to the repair shop . . . so a set back period of time with anxiety and panic is to be expected along with everything else.

The secret, IMO, is to get into the groove with this condition, so setbacks happen without having too much of an impact on our daily lives.

Education and understanding is anxiety's worst enemy.

Lindalou64
07-06-08, 11:42
Hello London Girl And Welcome.........wish Ya Well....linda

chalky
07-06-08, 11:44
Hi Londongirl,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

sweet_harmony
07-06-08, 12:56
:yesyes: Hi Londongirl,:noangel:

Welcome to the group hope you find the help you need.:welcome:

kellie
07-06-08, 14:05
Hiya Londongirl :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
Hope to talk to you in chat soon.

take care.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
08-06-08, 22:23
Hi Londongirl and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Going around Asia is a FANTASTIC achievement and I'm sure you're just going through a blip which we all get from time to time. Something I've been taught to do is concentrate on just one area of my anxiety such as eating out so that it's not a huge daunting task of general anxiety.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
09-06-08, 07:27
Hi Londongirl

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

milly jones
09-06-08, 10:00
wow a trip round asia

welcome to nmp hun

its really good to meet u