PDA

View Full Version : New Joiner

Flychickvic
07-06-08, 13:11
Hi,

I am Victoria from the southeastern US and have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety since my son was born almost 11 years ago. I've been for therapy a few times and am on Zoloft and a beta blocker. I just went back to work after a six week leave of absence for my anxiety. I have found a wonderful therapist and we did six weeks of intensive therapy, and we are contuing once or twice a week now for the forseeable future. Unfortunately my anxiety level has risen throughout the week and I woke up with a bad episode this morning. Not a full blown attack, but close. I am so tired of the fear. I have been reading the posts and the symptoms list for about a month now and they are so helpful to me when I am in a bad way. I figured it was time to come out and join the community. I carry Dr.Weekes' book with me, and have found the Panic And Anxiety workbook helpful as well. I have tried reiki and massage, and went for classes on tapping/eft, all of which have helped. Still working on relaxing and letting go, which is a good bit of the reason behind my panic. I look forward to being a member of the community.

kellie
07-06-08, 14:04
Hiya victoria :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
Hope to talk to you in chat soon.

take care.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

never2late
07-06-08, 14:43
It sounds as if you are really doing all the right things in order to get better. It's good to re-read the books every so often (if you don't do that already), since I have found that each time I re-read a section, I become aware of something new. Especially Claire Weekes' books . . . each paragraph has so much information and explanation. You might also want to try and get a copy of Dr. Weekes' audio CD "Pass Through Panic". It is a 2 CD set and runs approx. 2 hours. It is very calming to hear her voice speaking to ones self. Since you're in the USA, I'll mention that I got my copy from Barnes & Noble on line (which had it in stock at the time).

In any case, welcome to the forum. I've been on-again, off-again with this since my 20's. Sometimes I have gone years and years without a single trace -- and then, BAM, a severe panic attack out of the blue, which begins another round of constant, low-grade anxiety and infrequent panic attacks. It takes quite a bit of time to get things back to "normal" again . . . although this time I had the Weekes' books and CD's along with the Anxiety and Phobia workbook. I think I've got a good handle on it this time around, and I've been doing well for several weeks now.

Hang in there, use this site and its members, along with your study materials and your therapy notes and you'll find yourself making great progress!

Southern_Belle
07-06-08, 15:02
Hi Victoria,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel exactly how you do and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

chalky
08-06-08, 12:20
Hi Victoria,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
08-06-08, 20:55
welcome to nmp victoria

im milly, pleased to meet u xx :blush:

Lilith1980
08-06-08, 21:45
Hi Victoria

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

trac67
08-06-08, 21:52
Hi,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
08-06-08, 22:41
Hi Victoria and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)