PDA

View Full Version : Elbows

Claesand
07-06-08, 14:02
Hi... Just wanted to check if anyone else has this. I notices a couple of years ago that I had no sensation for touch on the tip of my elbows: the same on both sides, which is reassuring in itself. It doesn't feel strange unless I check, for instance by scraping with a needle over the area. I have all sorts of sensation except for light touch for which they are both entirely numb in a small area exactly at the tip of the elbow, where they make contact if you lean on them for example... In any case, it's been like that for years, likely much longer, and unless I had investigated my body due to being a hypochondriac I probably would never have noticed it...

Thanks
Claes

tina40
07-06-08, 14:49
Don't worry about it. You've probably just been sitting too long in front of your computer, leaning hard on your elbows.

Claesand
07-06-08, 14:55
No it's not that, not in the sense that it's temporary at least... I've had it for years, probably much longer... but it's in the exact same way on both elbows, which does make me not worry all that much about it. If it's symmetrical and doesn't change it's a good sign :)

dmckinney
14-04-09, 01:32
I know exactly what you are talking about, its like your funny bone on your elbow. When you touched it gently it is sensitive like you hit your funny bone. I brought this to my husband's attention and my chiropractor and he said that that area is sensitive for everyone and theirs feel the same too. I think I am an hypochrondriac bc anything I suspect that is different I began to think crazy thoughts, literally go over my entire body looking for things

seeker
14-04-09, 08:32
It's absoutely normal and to be expected - you don't have any nerves on your elbows, so you can in fact squeeze the skin there really tightly and won't feel a thing. I went to a science roadshow and it was one of the 'weird things about your body' facts that they made us all do! You feel a needle being passed over the area, becuase you stimulate the nerves on either side of your elbow. I'm afraid it is perfectly normal! Hope this helps to reassure you.