PDA

View Full Version : A book reviews forum?

Marginalia
07-06-08, 18:04
I was just wondering why there wasn't a Books section in the Remedies/Therapy/Success (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3) area of the forum. I have read and used quite a few different self-help books (some which are in the nomore panic amazon bookshop) and it would be interesting to be able to share reviews and warnings/recommendations, as well as get some discussion going and maybe even sometimes get a team reading going (like a book club).

I guess there's somewhere else people post book information but it's not clear to a newbie where the proper place is.

You can take this post as feedback/a request/a question, as you wish ;)
thanks so much for this site,
Marginalia

Marginalia
07-06-08, 18:08
P.S. I found out recently that using self-help books is called Bibliotherapy. I'm amused that it has a Serious Name. However it is definitely something which helps me.

Marginalia

samsara
07-06-08, 20:57
Great idea, I can recommend a few!!

nomorepanic
07-06-08, 21:52
To be honest you are the first person that has asked for this so I guess it isn't a thing people want.

We do have a recommended reading list and a Bibliography page though.

Marginalia
08-06-08, 20:58
To be honest you are the first person that has asked for this so I guess it isn't a thing people want.

We do have a recommended reading list and a Bibliography page though.

:byebye: waves to samsara - maybe it's just us two

OK, what I'll do is start a/some book thread/s in the Top Tips section (since it doesn't fit in any of the other categories). If loads of people start flocking in then maybe one day it could have its own forum, but I certainly see your point: if it's not something people are into, it would clutter up the layout for nothing.

victoria_s
01-01-10, 23:03
hello, was a book club made? i love to read i have hundreds of books to recommend :)

nomorepanic
01-01-10, 23:07
No it was never made Victoria