PDA

View Full Version : lump feeling in throat

miss diagnosis
09-06-08, 11:10
Hi

im totally freaked out. i feel like there is something caught in my throat.
its not stopping me swallowing or anything but now im worried i have a tumor on my thyroid.The feeling comes and goes but i keep trying to clear my throat and its still there.

can anyone help

aliciajane
09-06-08, 22:19
Hello!
I had this a few weeks ago, it went away within a week.
This is side-effect of anxiety and is totally harmless, nothing to worry about darling. The fact that it doesn't stop you swallowing shows it isn't a real lump, and also, if it was cancer, you wouldn't feel it!

xax

Worrier
10-06-08, 00:09
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I get this very frequently with my anxiety. It is very worrying at first, but now I know that it is just a symptom of anx I try not to focus on it too much. In the beginning I would keep swallowing all day to see if I could still feel it and it must made it worse.

Try not to worry about it and hopefully the feeling with disappear quickly.

Take Care
Worrier

xLJx
10-06-08, 00:13
oh my god! i have just come online for this exact symptom!!! so freaky.
i keep getting the feeling my throat is quite closed, and i have to keep swallowing to try and ''free it up'' altho nothing can possibly be there.
it freaks me out to the max, so everyone here who says they also have it have made me feel A TONNE better!!!!!
i also get the feeling like its an ''effort to breathe'' when i get it,
i get it most days, mainly evening time?

i hate it :(, i know my post wasnt much help. its just such a comfort to know others are suffering with the same thing. makes me think that it cant be anything serious.
hope you feel better soon.

xx

xskababyx
11-06-08, 13:39
Hey,
I can relate to this, I'm always thinking my right side of my neck feels swollen on the inside, even though there's no external sign that it has swollen up! It feels like I have to swallow harder and sometimes I feel like I can't breath, and worry that it'll stop me breathing when I go to sleep.

I think it might be because I have swollen lympth nodes in my neck (been there 3 years) I've had them checked out about 5 times and had 3 blood tests and apparently there nothing to worry about - my doc even showed me the lumps in his neck! Anyway, I think the fact that I stress out so much over my lumps, I sometimes invent relevant symptons in my head... e.g: thinking they're restricting my breathing.

milly jones
11-06-08, 19:17
theres lot about swallowing and anxiety in the website

there is also previous threads if u do a search

i get this so i cant eat or drink sometimes

nmp has a wealth of reassuring resources

and it has members who understand too

take care

milly xx