PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms only in the morning?

mumof2
09-06-08, 13:44
Hi

I've been on Citalopram since January for anxiety - main symptoms were feeling sick, shakey, jittery, and IBS symptoms i.e. having to suddenly rush to the loo. I was always worse in the mornings, but an attack could strike at any time. These days, I only ever have symptoms in the morning and it is only really the IBS as most of the other symptoms have (touch wood) gone away. By the time I get to about 10am I know I'll be fine for the rest of the day. I've also found that the attacks are becoming less frequent and I now only get them on days when I have to be somewhere (usually Monday mornings) or if I'm anxious/excited eg. the morning we went on hols.

Is this normal and can I expect the attacks to eventually disappear altogether??? Or is this as good as it will get?

Thx.

jo61
09-06-08, 15:24
In my experience this is completely normal. As soon as you accept the fact that you will be ok by 10, which you seem to have done, it could get easier. Mornings, particularly with a small child, can be very stressful. You can work through this. A certain amount of adreneline is needed to get us out of bed!
:hugs:

heatwave
09-06-08, 21:52
You could have been describing me! I have all the symptoms that you have in the morning. Not so much now but when my anxiety was at its worse I used to get up and after my first coffee of the day I would retch as though I was going to be sick. I would then suffer IBS, wind and rushing to the loo. I would be shaky and hyperventilating all this time. Electric like shocks would go up my arms and my hands would tingle. It was terrible. Truly horrific. If you're having this then my heart goes out to you.

It does get better. I'm fine in the mornings now, though the odd morning I do get the sick feeling and get a bit panicky. The IBS has cleared and I no longer have to rush to the loo. I can't honestly tell you that the symptoms of anxiety clear up altogether. Sometimes I get panic attacks out of the blue. But they do get better as time goes on.

Good luck
Sue