PDA

View Full Version : do any of you get this

lizs
09-06-08, 21:54
i feel breathless all throughout the day not gagging for air ut feeling like i cant take a full breath and my lungs are not lettiing me fill them

kaijo
02-07-08, 22:05
yeah i also get this it can be very scary at times i dont know quite what i do to correct it probably just think about my breathing and tell my self i must be taking in air or i would have passed out ....

jodie
03-07-08, 11:04
hiya

yep i to get this from time to time not sure why or how i get rid of it either but it never seem,s to do any harm it is just scary at the time

jodie x

Keszler
12-07-08, 11:53
This could be due to tension around the ribcage/abdominals which would restrict the amount of air you can inhale. My wife gets the odd ectopic beat after a curious feeling when she's "forgotten to breathe". Also, if you are shallow breathing this can make tension/anxiety worse. A good plan is to lie down and concentrate on deep breathing for 15 mins or so. there are also some casette tapes you can listen to which train you to get your breathing in sync - these are good too for lowering BP if its raised. Good luck!