PDA

View Full Version : So tired of this!!!

Hangin_In
10-06-08, 02:27
Well today I had the scariest feeling! I started taking sharp pains from my upper chest into my throat and jaw. I was driving so I tried not to panic too much, but if I ever thought I was having a heart attack, today was it! It only happened a few times, lasting a few seconds each time, but it was scary. I just had "another" ECG 2 weeks ago and everything was fine as usual. Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain? Guess I just need some reassurance. :blush:

Trixie
10-06-08, 06:32
Do you think it could be a gastric problem causing this?

countrygirl
10-06-08, 23:05
I have spine problems and muscle/skeletal trouble and I get sudden severe nerve type pains anywhere. I had phase of getting them in my chest it was if I was being stabbed over and over and lasted for 2 weeks!!

I even had the blood test that will tell you if you have had a heart attack and all normal and it was coming from the muscles in my ribs.

Butterfly-xox
10-06-08, 23:10
Iv had that before, and pains in other places too stabbing pains inmy stomache and everywhere you can imagine im sure its caused by anxiety

nomore
11-06-08, 09:52
I've had those too.
Extremely annoying and it always scares me because the pain is usually around the same area, left upper chest. It feels sort of like someone is sticking me with a needle and it comes and goes. Usually lasts a couple of seconds but the episodes can continue for about an hour or so. In fact, I had this again this morning. It has been happening almost daily for the past
couple of days, interestingly enough, never while I am running. So, it's just stress and fatigue of the nerves and muscles in that area.

I have also heard that it is muscle/skeletal and that it is very commonly confused for a heart attack, which definately doesen't make it easy to deal with, especially at times when it is pretty bad.