PDA

View Full Version : Please can anyone reassure me!!!

jellybean43
10-06-08, 09:32
Hi
As most of you know i am waiting for CBT ----my HA is totally freaking me out again after having a few weeks where i felt "normal".
My main worry is lymphoma---despite having had a full blood count(but that was now 5 months ago and i am worried i need another!) and a chest x ray ---both thankfully were fine.
I have now noticed when i brush my teeth they are bleeding(not much and not every time but of course i am worried!).When i googled(long time ago not recently) I remember reading that bleeding gums can be a sign of lymphoma!! OH has told me his bleed most times he brushes his and he is still here.I have had this in the past and never worried but now it is a different story.
Also, when i woke at half six this morning(time hubby goes to work) I was fine. I hadnt been sweating in bed or anything. I went back to sleep and when i woke there was a patch on my pillow where i had been sweating ---obviously along my hair line. I do have long thick hair and cos hubby gone to work i dont like leaving windows wide open so the window was only on vent and the room was very warm.
This now has really worried me as i am thinking night sweats.
Please can someone put my mind at rest.
This whole thing is driving me mad!!!I am especially worse on a morning and when i am on my own.xxx

Emira7
10-06-08, 09:37
Hey jellybean

Well I am with you, my HA is going nuts at the moment :-( but I am determined to get through it!

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth, also you kind of answered your own question hun, when you said about having thick hair and the room being warm which would explain the sweatiness. I also sweat when I am due on and on my period.

I am worse in the mornings and late at night, at the moment I have serious butterflies, and have been on the rescue remedy, Its horrible isn't it.

Sending my love to you.....stay strong, keep posting, have you got anything you can do to keep you busy?

Emira
xxxx

anxious
10-06-08, 11:05
Hi Jelly,

I have stages when my gums bleed, my dentist reckons its normal and to carry on brushing and flossing.
As for night sweats, i really think thats a women thing. I could wring myself out every morning, especially at this time of year (& certain times of the month). Its a standing joke in our family what a hot bod i am lol.
The type of night sweats your worried about don't sound like anything you are experiencing.
With ha you focus on every little symptom and add them up to some awful disorder etc. 'Normal' people wouldn,t even give them a second thought apart from the annoyance factor.
I'm always worse in the mornings too,
:hugs:
anx xx

Worrier
10-06-08, 17:59
Hey Gill,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so worried about everything again. The teeth bleeding slightly is normal, I get it too. Try to calm down and relax a little. It's easy to say I know, especially as I am doing the same thing as you, constantly worrying (I have this weird thing going on with my throat/neck) and its driving me nuts. I am trying to think about other things and not to focus on the weird feeling I have.

Hang in there girl, I'm thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.
Natalie

Trixie
10-06-08, 18:08
Hi
As most of you know i am waiting for CBT ----my HA is totally freaking me out again after having a few weeks where i felt "normal".
My main worry is lymphoma---despite having had a full blood count(but that was now 5 months ago and i am worried i need another!) and a chest x ray ---both thankfully were fine.
I have now noticed when i brush my teeth they are bleeding(not much and not every time but of course i am worried!).When i googled(long time ago not recently) I remember reading that bleeding gums can be a sign of lymphoma!! OH has told me his bleed most times he brushes his and he is still here.I have had this in the past and never worried but now it is a different story.
Also, when i woke at half six this morning(time hubby goes to work) I was fine. I hadnt been sweating in bed or anything. I went back to sleep and when i woke there was a patch on my pillow where i had been sweating ---obviously along my hair line. I do have long thick hair and cos hubby gone to work i dont like leaving windows wide open so the window was only on vent and the room was very warm.
This now has really worried me as i am thinking night sweats.
Please can someone put my mind at rest.
This whole thing is driving me mad!!!I am especially worse on a morning and when i am on my own.xxx

Well I must have lymphoma because my gums bleed sometimes when I clean them. This is a sign of gum disease so I put Mentadent P and it really helps.

Night sweats can be a sign of the menopause as well, or you could need more ventilation in your room. My daughter has long hair and she gets a hot head in the night also. :)

Lissy43
10-06-08, 20:13
Try to calm down.

Night sweats are when your bed is literally soaking, your night clothes would also be ringing wet. I know someone who had night sweats.

Also bleeding gums is NOT a symptom of lymphona, honestly its not. Its a symptom of another type of cancer which you DO NOT have the symptoms of at all and thats one that I used to freak out about alot.

I once had a full blood count done and at then I had bleeding gums, bruising etc... saw my GP and he said even a full blood count done 7 months ago was enough to reassure him I didn't have what I was worrying about and he didn't want me to have another one.

My hubbys gums bleed everytime he brushes his teeth, it means you are not cleaning them properly so brush them harder, even if they are bleeding you need to brush into the gum, its just abit of infection in the gum thats all.

teabag
10-06-08, 21:27
Its horrible when you get the fear!! So scary so i understand how it has made you think that you have something life threatening. From what i understand our bodies think that we are in a life threatening situation and so weird things begin to happen which i call "my fear". I had convinced myself i had MS and so believed that everything that happened to me was because of MS. I think what helped me was to go for a long walk whenever i felt the fear and calmy repeat over and over again- the doctor would have spotted it- the doctor would have spotted it. I really feel for you at this awful time and if you ever need a chat just PM me. Remember the golden rule though- NEVER GOOGLE ANYTHING RELATED TO HEALTH.... Good luck. xxxxxxxxxx

TidusRawlings
10-06-08, 21:28
Am really Sorry to hear you are having these problems but please try not to worry!!!

I have had bleeding gums when brushing my teeth for about a year now and as my partners mum is a dental hygeinist i asked her what was up. She said not to worry its just i am not brushing my teeth properly. And as for sweating at night i have had that for a while too my doctor reccomended getting a thinner duvet and it actually helps alot.

Hope this was of help to you, but please don't worry yourself

jellybean43
11-06-08, 10:23
HI
Thanks everyone for the great advice yesterday.
I am feeling loads better today(this is how this blasted HA goes isnt it!!!!) and I have made a pact with myself that i WILL NOT poke or prod for the next couple of days.
I woke this morning and I was fine and brushed my teeth and they were fine!!A "normal" person wouldnt have given my worries a second thought.
Thanks also to ANXIOUS who took the time out to PM me with some very very helpful advice.
Now my only concern is the fact that i start on PROPRANALOL at the weekend and what the side effects may be but hey i will conquer this!!!I am telling myself that if they work and take the edge of the anxiety it will be great!!!
xxxx

anxious
11-06-08, 11:53
:yesyes: glad you are having a good day........keep busy,

love anx x

milly jones
11-06-08, 19:30
hi hun

my gums bleed when i clean my teeth too, and just had full mot at dentist today lol

i have night terrors and night pas

the bed needs washing the next day, my pjs are wringing and i often have to take a shower as im so wet anyway.

we have to change the pillows frequently and have new duvets every few months hun

im not naturally a sweaty person but the bed is absolutely soaked after one, i used to think id wet myself lol

take heart hun and try not to worry, know how hard it is tho to be rational

love

milly xx

jellybean43
11-06-08, 21:25
Awww thanks milly for your lovely reply.
I have had a really positive day today.
Everyone on these boards is soo kind xxx