PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else get this?

janeybaby25
10-06-08, 09:58
I seam to be a lot worse when they is no one around. ie friends, family. On a weekend when I am with my boyfriend or on an evening when he comes home, I seam to calm down so much. But on a morning before he goes to work I am in tears as I don't want him to go. Like today, even though I don't feel great I am so much better than yesterday 'cos I know my best mate is in & also my Mum is on an early shift & be back in the afternoon. I have to go to college & even though they are so many people round there I am scared of going in. I don't want to be all clingy but I can't help it. I worry about how mucn pressure I put on my bloke & also my Mum. I am convinced they is something wrong with me & its not all in my mind. I feel like I am going mad.

janeybaby25
10-06-08, 09:58
also, I just wanted to add. what does will it take for someone to beleive they is something wrong with me??? do I have to actually collapse first? thats the thing I most afraid of. xx

lizzie29
10-06-08, 10:04
I'm exactly the same. I have certain 'safe' people, and I like them to be near. If they're not, my anxiety becomes ten times worse. And the further away they are, the worse it is. It's like I think something bad will happen if they're not here, and I need them close to feel safe. It's called separation anxiety I think, but I've also seen it called adult attachment disorder. Hope it helps to know you're not alone. When I first had it, I felt stupid and that I needed to grow up, but now I realise it's not just me being stupid, it helps.
I try to keep telling myself that really there's no difference between having my 'safe people' near or further away - if something's going to happen then it will, regardless of where they are, and the chances of that are very small. And I also try to focus on the amount of times I have been on my own, and nothing has happened. Hope this helps! Feel fre to pm me if you want to chat more. x

purplehaze
10-06-08, 10:42
Hi

First off, its difficult for those who have not experienced panic anxiety or depression to understand and as hard as we try we cant really make them understand. Being around people we know and trust is a comfort:hugs: and we do feel safe. Very few people do collapse from anxiety but they will if they are carrying a piano and having a panic:roflmao: There where times when I would just visit family coz I hated being alone, but the panic anxiety is not so much in the place but in the mind.....now if I could just leave my mind somewhere:doh: seriously just slowly build on the times you are able to cope and take it one step at a time

kev

Zingara
11-06-08, 10:15
I'm the same at the moment. I go round to my mum's every afternoon because I can't stand being alone all day. xx

KAREN L
11-06-08, 10:56
Hi

I suffer from HA and i hate the mornings i wake feeling sick dizzy and my arms are like jelly then i get up and think, right who's close by today if i need someone.
I hate it when my husband goes off to work and i do the school run come home with the baby and i always observe my surrounding neighbours homes to see if anyone is in! I live in the country so my neighbours are not that close by. I always think what if i pass out, who will no and what about my lovely little baby.
So i totally understand how you feel and just want to say you are not alone and try not to worry, keep yourself busy that helps! and of course chatting on here.

Karen
x

peteacher
08-07-08, 21:25
It has transpired recently that I suffer from separation anxiety :( I currently see my Mum & younger sisters practically every day, or at least text them but if I don't I have started to feel guilty, like I should be with them (think this links back to my younger years when I lived at home but was out all the time!?) In April I went to Paris for 4 days and as well as worrying about the flight I was terrified of not seeing them again, I even saw them last thing at night before I went to the airport! Tomorrow they are going away for a fortnight & I don't know what I'll do, kind of said my goodbyes today but am wondering if I could go round tomorrow before they leave for airport but I sometimes feel they think, "for goodness sake, get a life, haven't you got your own home to go to?" as if I am in the way or being a baby (which I feel like sometimes) and there's no guarantee I'll get there before they leave tomorrow as I work 40 minutes away, plus they might think I am being silly anyway.

Sorry for all that, basically wanted to let you know that you are not alone,
feel free to PM if you fancy a chat.
Take care

marie1974
08-07-08, 21:31
hiya i had that when i had my depression i begged my hubby to stay home from work every day cos i had my 1st son as baby to look after and he said no i cant and i got so angry, but now 7 years on i thank him cos if he had of stayed home and looked after our son and i would have gone to bed all depressed it waould have done me no favours, instead as soon as he went for the day i had to become mum and take responsibility and i did. i hated it for a while didnt like going out, thought people were staring at me, bad mum etc but i got through it cos i had too and i believe cos of that and going through it again after my 2nd son but worse its made me a strong person. i got over the depression and turned to exercise, kept my self busy when alone so i couldnt spend to much time thinking and now i look at everything in a positive way. im sure u can get through this too hun. hugs

Lilith1980
08-07-08, 22:06
I think people find it hard to understand because they cannot see anything physically wrong, like a wound or a broken leg etc. Because it is a "mental" condition, people cannot appreciate the scale to which it affects people.

I used to hate being in on my own, but since I have become more secure and confident in myself, I enjoy my company again. In fact, I sometimes relish the times I have indoors by myself!

Are you having counselling hun? It may help to talk about this.....

Jo xxxxx