PDA

View Full Version : coming of citalopram

paulita
10-06-08, 22:29
hi all
I am a 36 year old woman and have finished my last quarter of citalopram after taking 20mg a day for one year. Its good to read to way in whihc others describe the withdrawal, head whoshs. I describe as "brain judder". I am going away tommorow with work for 2 days at a conference and i worry in case I have a wobbly. i am not "depressed". i suffer from stress and anxiety so the doc gave me these tabs. I felt better initially but then felt the intial euphoria wore off and I struggled to see what the benefits were. I am scared and want to control my temper. I am am mum to a 4 year old and with partner. I drink too much (probably a bottle of wine most nights). Gosh, this all sounds bad. any support out there re; natural treatments. i just wanna be normal and not dependant on anti-d's. I have been on them before about 8 years ago for 2 years so no stranger to the withdrawal.:shades:

mandie
11-06-08, 10:00
Hi Paulita:welcome: to the site where u will get lots of help and support.

I have come off citalopram a few times and i found that when i came off them the side effects disappeared after about a week.

I no for me that drinking makes my anxiety worse the next day, so as im on meds now anway, i stay away for the drink.

Have u tried bachs rescue remedy, u can buy in chemist and supermarket. I carry this with me for when im feeling bit anxious

love mandie x

milly jones
11-06-08, 11:00
hi paulita,

im at the other end of th citalopram ladder, lol

best wishes as u continue ur journey

and welcome to nmp

millyxxxx

chalky
11-06-08, 13:04
Hi Paulita,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Cutting down on the drinking and focusing on positive activities will help.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
11-06-08, 15:23
Hello Paulita And Welcome...wish Ya Well........linda

Nibbles
11-06-08, 20:07
Hi Paulita and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

thevoicewithinme
12-06-08, 09:50
Hello :smile: and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice on here and will also meet people who truly understand how you are feeling.

Kaz x

paulita
12-06-08, 19:57
thanks everyone for welcoming me! I am back from my work thing away and the head whoshes are sadly getting worse. Its like my focus has become like camera stills. does this make sense? anway I lay on the bed and felt all paniky again so not sure how anti-d's have helped. maybe we just born like this so I should stop feeling guity!

kellie
13-06-08, 08:43
Hiya Paulita, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You have found a great site with lots of lovely understanding ppl who will give you lots of support/advice/reasurance. Hope to talk to you soon in chat.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

paulita
18-06-08, 21:50
I am almost a week now off the meds, but depression etc... seems to reappearing. i am reading lots of self-help stuff so i know i should think postively but does anyone get the feeling that its just phyiscally impossible and its more something inside your brain is pushing you down??

Dita
19-06-08, 15:47
I'm coming off citalopram too.I've felt awful since i began taking it and again now i'm coming off it.I think it's an awful drug.My doctor got me up to 60mg.I am now down to 40mg,cutting down to 20mg from tomorrow.The worst thing for me has been appetite loss which has made me panic.May go back onto prozac.

icklebex
19-06-08, 16:12
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 1 nb

Southern_Belle
19-06-08, 20:40
Hi Paulita,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
19-06-08, 20:56
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx