PDA

View Full Version : new members intro

glenden
15-04-05, 21:42
hi all. i found this site today and thought it rude not to intoduce myself. i had a panic attack 6 yrs aho and havent been the same since. i am now anxious all the time which in turn makes me bad tempered and miserable and angry. its good to find others that have similar problems and that i am not alone. i have spent untold on books therapists etc but always end up back to square one my name is glenda and i am 35. can any1 help me to find the happy confident person that i used to be please??:D

sueiamnew
15-04-05, 22:03
Welcome to the site Glenda

Meg
15-04-05, 22:11
So what do you think your specific issues are now in relation to the panic attack and how you've viewed it and the situation surrounding it since ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
15-04-05, 22:35
Hi Glenda

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

della
15-04-05, 22:51
welcome to the site glenda i am sure you will find it very helpful and alot of support here.

sal
16-04-05, 01:40
Hi Glenda

Welcome to the site

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bluesparkle
16-04-05, 11:24
hi glenda...
welcome [8D]
the people here are great...very friendly and there is lots of information here too
hope ot helps
rach

alexis
16-04-05, 11:45
Hi Glenda, welcome, have you had a good look around the site, there is loads of brilliant information on it.
More experienced people than me will give you lots of useful advice but i do know how you feel, I have panic attacks along with other symptoms and they make me feel like that too. I know what to do and think but doing it can be harder.
Take care, love Alexis

florence
16-04-05, 11:52
Hi Glenda

Welcome to the site , hope you'll get loads of support ( i am sure you will, great people here).
I understand why you want to become your normal self again ! So do I , its been 9 years for me, but I am working on it, just started hypnosis.
Take care.

Florence. x

**See the world more as what it is, less as what you are.**

clickaway
16-04-05, 15:17
Hi Glenda,

I'm glad you found us, and saw you in chat last night. Great!

I know what you mean by losing your old self and wanting to find it again - I think so many of us are like that.

I think we just have to convince ourselves over and over that we will get there eventually and so money spent on books and therapists are not a waste - they all help us to understand our condition and that can take a long time.

You too will be the Glenda you want to be - just give it time!

Cheers,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Jan
16-04-05, 15:20
hi Glenda

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that things arent great but believe me we can all relate to you and understand your symptoms and how you feel. It takes alot of hard work and determination to fight this and with all the help and support that you will get here you will get there. One thing though I dont think you will be the same person you will be a more confident person who will know when a blip is coming and how to fight it.

take care

Janine

lin
16-04-05, 15:40
hi Glenda

Welcome to the site u will find it very helpful there are lots of nice people that will give u loads of advice, its helped my so much.:D

take care

lin xx

maxine
16-04-05, 16:17
Hiya Glanda
Welcome to the site:D

take care
Maxine

nomorepanic
16-04-05, 16:24
Hi Glenda

We met in chat last night so I am pleased to see that you posted on here.

We will do all we can to help you get things back on track.

Nicola