PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

KDM 82
11-06-08, 09:29
Hi all,

Im new to the site, been looking for something like this for ages and now I've finally found it :). Well Ive been suffering with anxiety for just over 2 years now, its a nightmare really and im finding it so debilitating. Ive actually bunked off work today because I couldn't bring myself to go in and overcome the 'constant butterflys' that have been with me since I woke up, I just hvnt got the energy to push myself today.

So my story in a nutshell, I'm 26 years old and when I left university to enter the real world I landed what I thought would be my dream job - it turned out not to be and I had the worst boss in the world. I was under a lot of stress and had no support - this is where my problems began. One day at work I was physically sick - doctors put it down to stress - well now I know that it is linked to my anxiety - thats what happens now if I have a really bad attack, im physically sick often for a week unable to keep anything down, its nasty.

Two years of suffering and im finally seeing who I think are the right people - im having CBT and my psychiatrist has put me on Mitazapine & Olanzapine at night and is about to start me on Venlafaxine in the morning with the aim to rule out one of the other two or even both im not sure.

Anyway im sorry if bored you there with all my details, but im new to this kind of thing - its nice to find a forum like this and I look forward to chatting to some of you soon :)

KDM 82

popsy
11-06-08, 09:45
:welcome:
You've come to the right place!!!
We're all in the same boat here and i hope you will find this site as friendly and welcoming as i did.
You'll receive lots of help and advice here, have a look also at the main menu to the left which is very helpful in explaining some of the main symptoms of anxiety.
Keep posting.
You are never alone once you are a member of NMP, i'll look forward to getting to know you better in chat. :) Keep smilng.
Charlie xxxx :hugs:

chalky
11-06-08, 12:57
Hi KDM 82,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

marie1974
11-06-08, 13:02
hiya and welcome this is a great site and u will get some some advice and support and make some friends too hugs xx

milly jones
11-06-08, 13:10
hi kdm

i have probs at work too which make me cought, then balk then be ohysically sick when anxious

i sympathise with u

welcome to nmp and i hope u find comfort here

milly xx

est
11-06-08, 13:53
Hi KDM 82,

Welcome to the Forum.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lindalou64
11-06-08, 15:21
Hello Kdm And Welcome...wish Ya Well.........linda

Nibbles
11-06-08, 20:01
Hi KDM and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I suffer from being sick when anxious too so can really sympathise. Feel free to send me a pm if you want to chat.

Take care,

Mike :)

thevoicewithinme
12-06-08, 09:49
Hello :smile: and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice on here and will also meet people who truly understand how you are feeling.

Kaz x

kellie
13-06-08, 08:39
Hiya Kdm, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You have found a great site with lots of lovely understanding ppl who will give you lots of support/advice/reasurance. Hope to talk to you soon in chat.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx