PDA

View Full Version : Boger its back!!

mark212312
11-06-08, 09:51
Hi Guys

long time reader first time poster, first I’ll go into some history:

8 years ago when I was 18 I had my first worry about bleeding from my back passage and not knowing anything decided to 'Google' rectal bleeding - what a mistake that was!! Took me three months to go and see a doctor who examined me and told me he felt internal piles, what a relief that was though pretty uncomfortable.

About a year later I felt a matchstick like bump on one of my testis - my g/f felt it and nearly came close to getting my mum to feel it, luckily I saved myself that embarrassment. Anyway first thing in my head was testicular cancer and again off to the doctor after about a month of anxiety to be told be couldn't even feel anything abnormal - I’m sure at this point he must have thought I was coming on to him :)

It seemed to go away after that - though I always worried about my health it didn't bother me until about two years ago; I was eating a fried breakfast and suddenly had a pain in my side above my liver - me being me went straight to the internet and self diagnosed myself as having colon cancer spreading too my liver or leukaemia so sure I was I went to a drop in centre were they did a number of tests and found nothing wrong.

Recently I've been worried about having kidney cancer because when I pass water sometimes it gets bubbles in the water bowl, I spoke to a nurse friend of mine and asked why this was and her first reaction was to laugh and tell me your a man and if you pee from a height you get bubbles just like running a tap into water but if I was worried pee in a glass and if it is clear stop worrying - I pee'd in a glass :)

So for the last 6 months I've checked my weight on a daily basis - I know cancer effects weight so... needless to say I've put on about 3 stone since my first encounter with the toilet bowl. I've been checking every pimple and spot looking for signs of easy bruising and taking photos of my eyes to see if I’m jaundiced crazy I know...

However my wife found out she was pregnant in January and for 5 months I have been pretty fine about my own health (had the babies to worry about) but now we have found out all the scans are ok its back to me and the thought of throat cancer - @ 26 y/o practically impossible to have 0.3 in 100,000 chance but still I ended up in the dentist yesterday having him look at the little lumps I found to be told he didn't even notice anything out of the ordinary and he wants me to go back for a scale and polish...

But back to the point of the post my Nan gave me a great book on anxiety called 'living with fear' by Isaac marks very good book that sheds some light on the situation.

Anyway good health to us all

Mark

breeze25
11-06-08, 10:09
Hi,

can relate to some of your post, I found my anxiety kicked in worse after I had my first child, panicked that I wouldn't be around to see them grow up etc etc.

I go through phases of feeling normal (ish) and then I find something and manage to get myself into a right old state, and by the time I have had repeat doctors visits and then referred I have managed to lose a good number of months worrying over something that always comes back as something of nothing.

chalky
11-06-08, 13:02
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
11-06-08, 19:24
welcome to posting on the forum

really glad u decided to join us

an unwritten nmp rule, DONT GOOGLE, its bad for ur health lol

take care

milly xx